Chapter 8- The Truth

(^Them^)

Austins Pov.

After we talked I told her I would keep my promise of protecting her forever, I called a gang meeting. I get Breckyn to go get her friend who she tells me knows about her and says shes really good when it comes to stakeouts and baiting. As we drive Breckyn turns up the radio and 'Jordan Belfort' comes on and they look at each other and start singing along. I chuckle lightly which causes me to get a playful hit on the arm. I just laugh a little more.

10 minutes later and two girls screeching the lyrics to some Justin Bieber. I mean these two know like every song on the radio. I turn down the radio and here a little bit of whining from the girls part. "Really? Why? Why did you just turn down the radio it was about to get to the really good part!" Breckyn whines.

"I'm sorry but we are kinda here." I say with pleading eyes, and all I hear is Paisley mutter a 'he's so whipped'. I mean ya, I think I'm whipped. More whipped than whipped cream.

Breckyn's Pov.

After what happened in the car with Austin turning down JB, we had the meeting and got accepted into the gang. They only had two other girls, Myka and Alex. They all liked us and we really liked them too. Now everyone went home or to bed and me and Austin are in the backyard around the pool talking.

"What's your biggest fear?" I ask, you see we are playing a game. Like 21 questions but you have to answer the same questions.

"Biggest fear, losing the ones I love. You?" Austin says while looking me in the eyes. I could tell him my biggest fear or I could hide it.

"My father." My face looking at the stone underneath my feet trying to avoid any and all eye contact. I can't have another person pity me, but Austin needs to know.

"Why?" Austin says, and I can feel his eyes staring into the side of my head. I can't believe I'm about to do this. No one else knows...

"He killed my mother and did some stuff to me. After I ran away from him, he's hunting me down and I'm running. I can't believe I'm telling you all of this, no one else knows. And he's gonna hurt you guys, I-" I stand to leave but feel a hand on my wrist.

Austin stands to his full hight standing over me by a good 8 inches. "No one will hurt you, me, Paisley, anyone. I will protect you from anyone or anything that threatens you, I care too much." He leans in so our four heads are touching and I can hear his irregular breathing after his rant, yet it's still calm enough to make me steady my heart.

He gives me a gentle smile and stands up lifting me up too. "Let go do something fun. How about we go to the store and buy food and movies? We could have like a movie night, yeah?"

I smiled brightly in return and dragged him to the front of the house. "Let's go!!!" I screamed.

I heard him lightly chuckle and unlock the car. We both quickly hopped in the car and drove quickly to the store.

As soon as we got there I was running to the entrance and grabbing a cart. Austin slowly walking in after me with a smirk on his face. "What should we get first?"

"Chips?" Austin suggested. I look over to him and smile. I hid in the cart and wait for him to push me. He rolls his eyes and starts to push the cart to the chip isle. We get there and look at all the options. Ohhhh I want Doritos, but they are on the top shelf. "What ones do you want?" Austin says looking at all the options.

"Austin lift me on your shoulders please?" He looks back at me weirdly and then gets down low enough for me to get on. I hop on and he stands at his full hight. Yesss!!!! I can reach them! I grabbed my Doritos and told him to let me down. He looked at the found in my hand and started to laugh.

"That's what you needed?" I glared at him, I mean come on I just wanted my damn Doritos. "Look behind you." I turn around slowly only to see Doritos right in front of me like no need to reach or anything. Ughhhh!!!!

"Seriously?!?!" I let out an annoyed sigh and turned back to a smirking Austin. "Haha very funny, get on with ur life" I looked down at my shoes.

"Oh come on Breck, don't be upset it was cute." He gently put his thumb and pointer finger under my chin lifting it up. I looked at his eyes which held a weird emotion I haven't seen..ever. "Don't ever be ashamed of yourself. You are wonderful, caring, and downright beautiful. You are smart, kind, and radiant." He leaned in, and so did I. Where is this going?

Before I knew it, his lips were gently placed on mine. I don't know what to do..I've never kissed anyone ever. What if I don't do it right? Oh help me please.

Its as if he had ready my mind. "Don't worry if your doing it wrong, just let your emotions into it." I nodded my head and he placed his lips on mine again. As he said, I placed all my emotions in the kiss, I don't know 'bout him but it was a good first...well I guess second kiss ever.