Melting An Icy Heart (Seto Kaiba Romance)

Information

Name : Mya Douglass

Age : 18

Friends : Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan, Duke, and Serenity.

Looks : Has brown hair and sea foam colored eyes. Wears hair in pigtails or down most of the time.

Mya is the daughter of Helena and James Douglass, who shortly passed away from a tragic accident. She lived in a different part of Japan but now has to live on her own in Domino City to get away from greedy family members who are after nothing but her money. Mya is smart, bright, curious, kind, sweet, and even feisty at times. She does duel from time to time, but prefers to watch instead. Her favorite card is the Mystical Elf.

And so the story begins!

~Mya's P.O.V.~

I'll never forget the day when I found out my parents were killed.

I was at home, my parents just left from a party they held for my 18th birthday. I was pretty happy and feeling so loved by them and everyone who came. Including my cousins,aunts, and uncles.

But then, there was a knock at the door. I rushed to answer the door, hoping my parents changed their minds about attending a meeting in America.

I was completely wrong....

"Miss Douglass?" A tall policeman and his partner who was a woman looked down at me. I was pretty small compared to them two.

"Yes? Is there something wrong?" I asked, a bit confused and worried at the same time.

The female officer placed a hand on my shoulder, crouched down a bit and looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry but there was a terrible plane crash, your parents...were on it."

My heart started pounding hard in my eyes. "What? Are they...Okay?"

I was so shocked to hear the woman's words that I asked the dumbest question ever.

She sighed and shook her head. "No...they didn't make it. There were no survivors."

That was the last thing I remembered before I fainted.

So now here I am in another city. Domino City.

The place where my mother Helena was born.

I was forced to move here since my so called "family" didn't want to take me in unless I'd let them in on my mother & father's fortune.

Stupid selfish people.

Anyways, here I am back to the present. Sitting down at a friend of mine's home. Her name was Diane. She was my best friend since I was 5 years old and when she was 6. We met at a dinner party my parents held at my old home. We were both bored and tired of adults who gossiped and then talked to you in your face. She winked at me for some odd reason and then hinted for me to follow her. So I obeyed and followed her. Diana and I then ran around the garden, laughing and having fun. We've been friends ever since.

"Mya. Get your uniform on. Or you'll be late for your first day." Diane said sweetly, in a motherly tone.

I looked up from my book and looked down at my clothes. Apparently I was still in my pajamas. Glancing at the clock, I groaned. "Do I really have to go?"

Diane who was writing down something looked up at me with a smirk. "Yes you do."

I sighed in defeat. "Fine...I'm going." My legs carried me up to my room and into my closet.

I stared at the uniform and then put it on myself.

Then I looked in the mirror and did a few turns in it. "Hmmmmm."