Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Underestimated

(Song That ran through my head while I typed this up. XD It's really random I know.)(On the side)

~Mya’s P.O.V.~

~Next Day at school~

“Mya, you don’t have to come to school today if you don’t want to.” Diane said, placing a hand on my shoulder gently with her eyes filled with worry.

I shook my head at her and shrugged off her hand. “I have to go to school Diane. No matter what. Even if the whole school gossips about me and my “arranged” marriage.”

Diane sighed and softly smiled at me. “You’re brave Miss Douglass.” She giggled and took my arm into hers. And we walked inside the school.

Walking towards my locker with Diane, felt like forever. People we walked past either stared at me, or whispered, and some even gave me mean looks. Especially the girls.

Even that Veronica Styles girl.

Her white hair was out of those pigtails and out today. Her two twin friends poked in her shoulder while she tried to put on some makeup in the mirror at her locker. Making her look in my direction.

“Ah, Mya. What a sight for sore eyes.” She said, with a sly smirk on her face as she insulted me. “I see that you’re parents had to arrange a marriage for you with my Seto in order for you to get to claim his as yours.”

A wave of anger hit me as she made her comments about me and my parents. My fists were clenched to my sides and I bit down on my teeth hard. Trying to keep my mouth shut.  But then she said something else smart.

“How pathetic. Did mommy and daddy do everything for you when they were alive?” She cackled as she and her friends laughed along with her.

Diane was now pissed off, and was about to say something to her, but I cut stepped in front of her, and looked at Veronica straight in the eyes.

“Don’t…you ever…talk about my parents…EVER…again.” I snarled at her. But she smirked and grew close to my face.

“Make me.” She challenged.

I took a step back and looked back at Diane, who was wide eyed a bit. And dropped my bookbag at her feet.

“Hold this for me.” I said, calmly to her and rolled up my sleeve on my uniform. The two red-headed twin girls and Veronica were waiting for me to do something.

“Mya….” Diane grabbed my shoulder. “Don’t. She’s not worth it.” She started to drag me away to my locker. But then another comment came out of that chick’s mouth.

“What a fearful little brat. No wonder her parents protected her from everything. She’s weak. Just like that mother of hers.”

Diane and I froze. And I heard people who were watching us gasp.  I felt my face heat up in anger, and my arms shook by my sides.

I immediately dropped my bookbag, and ran at her.

“Mya!” Diane called after me, but I ignored her and ran at Veronica and tackled her down onto the floor.

Her twin friends tried to pull me off of her, but I kicked them both in the face knocking them both down on the floor.

My fist connected to Veronica’s mouth, and her head bounced on the floor slightly. But she slapped me in my face, stinging my cheek.

“Cat Fightttt!” A random boy yelled and a crowd of people ran at us, surrounding us.

“Mya! Mya!” I heard Diane call, trying to break through the crowd of people.