Chapter Three

Chapter Three

WHAT?!

(Link to a random song I was listening to while typing this. XD)

~Mya’s P.O.V.~

~Afterschool~

I’ve been nervous all day. I hardly ate anything except my salad for lunch. It’s only 3:30 p.m. now, but I decided to go home and change to something “suiting” for Kaiba Corp and left. Telling Diane that I’d be back later in case she forgot where I was going.

I wore a black vest, a short sleeved shirt with ruffles on the sleeves, a black pencil skirt, and flat black shoes to match. Sooner or later, I reached Kaiba Corp.

Looking at my watch, it was now only 3:50 p.m.  

My legs walked slowly inside, the building; even though on the inside my legs wanted to walk right back out the door and run like hell, I walked inside.

There was a woman in the front, but there were also men working at the cubicles on each side of the room.  The moment I walked in, everyone’s eyes were on me.

In some of their eyes, there was lust, hatred, or shock. Being the daughter of the famous Helena & James Douglass had its perks and disadvantages.

A lump formed in my throat as I approached the front desk. A woman with a messy bun, glasses, and a blue suit with a headset on smiled a bit up at me. “Hello, welcome to Kaiba Corp. How may I help you?”

“Um, I’m here to see Mr. Kaiba. I’m his new personal assistant.” I said nervously, tucking one of my bangs behind my ear.

“Oh, Miss Douglass right? Go up the elevator to the 7th floor. Mr. Kaiba will be there. I’ll ring him up and tell him you are here. Okay?”

I smiled shyly at the woman. She was being very nice. “T-thank you. So much.”

“No problem sweetheart. Have a nice day.” The woman waved off as I stepped onto the elevator and pressed the 7 to get onto the 7th floor.  

I flated out my skirt a bit and cleared my throat. My heartbeat was pounding in my chest so loud, I thought I could hear it in my ears.

But then the elevator stopped on the 5th floor, and a girl with Red hair, freckles, and green eyes with a black business apparel on stepped onto the elevator. I avoided eye contact with her and gazed at the ring on left hand.

It was quiet for awhile, then a ding went off on the elevator, the girl stepped off quietly. Leaving me to myself again. I sighed in relief.

“Phew.” I breathed out and then the doors to the elevators opened. Now I was on the 7th floor.

Hesistant but trying to be brave, I stepped off the elevator and walked into the big double doors. There was another girl who was  thin,blonde with a bob hairstyle, with deep red lipstick, and a business like dress on typing away at her desk. When I walked inside, she looked up with her gold eyes.

“Can I help you?” She asked, with a slight annoyance in her voice.  

“Um, Yes. I’m here to see Mr. Kaiba. I’m his new personal assistant?” I said, as sweetly as I could. Even though I wanted to say something in a smart-ass way.

“Ah, you. Hold on.” She pressed a button on a speakerbox thing and spoke into it. “She’s here.” The blonde said.

“She may come in.” The deep voice spoke back to her. Making my stomach filled with butterflies. But I shook them off. Get a hold on yourself Mya…