Young and Beautiful ~ Clint

I think this was requested by: RavenRoyal480 a while ago and I'm just getting to it but I hope you like it and I hope I did it justice!!!

Song: Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey

Warning: None ????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've seen the world

Done it all

Had my cake

Diamonds, brilliant

And Bel Air now

Hot summer nights, mid July

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful

I woke with a jolt and looked around the hospital room. I sighed and the memory of the other day came back. The mission with Clint didn't go so well....the chair I had been sitting in has caused me to be extremely stiff. I looked over at the hospital bed, he looks so lifeless and its all my fault. The only thing that makes me believe he's still here is the beep of the heart monitor. I took his cold hand in mine and started thinking about when we first started dating.

~ Flashback ~

"Wow! The view is spectacular Clint!!" I squeaked as we looked at the New York skyline. "Not as spectacular as the view I have right now." He smirked and I flushed when I realized he was looking at me. Clint and I had been dating for about a year. We have traveled together, seen the world but nothing can beat the New York Skyline. "I love you y/n" Clint muttered resting his hands on my hips holding me as close as possible, his face illuminated by the sunset. "I love you too Clint." I whispered. "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?" I asked and he chuckled. "My sweet little dove you will always be beautiful in my eyes. "

~ flashback over ~

I let the tears start to fall as I thought about how the failed mission was all my fault, I'm the reason he's in this mess, I'm the reason he might not make it. My thoughts drifted to the night he proposed as I played with my engagement ring.

I've seen the world, lit it up

As my stage now

Channeling angels in the new age now

Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll

The way you play for me at your show

Your pretty face and electric soul

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul

I know you will

I know you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful

~ flashback ~

Its late evening and Clint had asked me to meet him on the roof. I agreed and decided to go up a few minutes early. As I approached the door to the roof I heard light strumming and the hum of a melody I wasn't quite familiar with but it was very pretty. I walked out and he jumped, startled by my presence. "You're early! You didn't hear that did you?" He asked hurriedly and I laughed "only a small portion of it. It was nice though." Clint took a deep breath "Y/n can I ask you something?" "Yeah sure what is it?" I asked as the anxiety began to bubble in my stomach. "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and handsome?" I looked at him as I put my fingers through his beltloops and pulled him close to me. "Clint, my Darling, I will love you until the end of time." I smiled and he reciprocated. "Well that should make this question a hell of a lot easier knowing that." He chuckled. "What question?" "Well, y/n would you like to spend the end of time with me, not as my girlfriend though, I'd rather you be my wife, my partner in crime. Y/n I guess what I'm saying is, will you marry me?" I felt the tears well in my eyes as I nodded my head yes. "Of course Clint!! I'll marry you! Yes!!!" I squeaked, my voice cracking in the process.

~ flashback over ~

I sighed and wiped the tears from my cheeks. "Clint, if you can hear me, I want you to know I will love you until the end of time."

Dear lord when I get to heaven

Please let me bring my man

When he comes tell me you'll let him in

Father tell me if you can

Oh that grace, oh that body

Oh that face, makes me wanna party

He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds.

In a quick moment the heart monitor flat-lined. I felt my heart rate speed up as the doctors and nurses rushed into the room. I was being dragged out by security. "No please!! I need to stay!! He's going to be my husband!! Please!" I cried as they dragged me into the hallway. The tears poured down my face as I slid down the hallway wall. "I'm sorry there's nothing more we can do. He's gone." The doctor told me after about a half an hour. The sobs wracked my body, my soul aching, heart breaking, my world crumbling, my sun is gone. I will love you until the end of time Clint Barton.

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul

I know you will

I know you will