Chapter 1- Birthday Trip

The traffic on the freeway was insane. Thank god it was only 11:30. The baseball game started at 6:00, and Bailey and her sisters still needed to check into their hotel.

They traveled five hours from Sacramento for Bailey's eighteenth birthday. Her and her sisters, Alexis and Catherine, were huge Los Angeles Dodgers fans. So what better way to celebrate Bailey's coming of age than to go to a Dodgers game?

"Get off at this exit." ordered, Alexis, pointing the the upcoming exit. Catherine began to merge lanes to get off the freeway.

"I'm so excited! I'm just a little bummed out that our seats aren't the closest, but it's going to be such a fun game!" Bailey cheered from the backseat.

Even though they were only a few years older, Catherine and Alexis still treat Bailey like a child. Catherine is 27, newly engaged, and just began her teaching career. Alexis is 23 and just graduated from Stanford to become a physician. She is also a mother to a 4 year old son.

Bailey on the other hand is a month away from graduating high school. She is still unsure of what to study, but plans on going to UCLA. It's difficult for her to try to live up to her parents' expectations.

"This is the hotel, to the left." Alexis directed Catherine. They were staying at Hilton Hotel in Downtown, about ten minutes away from the stadium.

They parked the car and hauled out their luggage. Alexis went to front desk to check in and Catherine went to find a luggage cart. Bailey just stood there in the middle of the lobby, guarding their suitcases.

"We're on the 11th floor." Said Alexis, walking up to Bailey. Catherine then came with the luggage cart and began to place the three suitcases on it.

The girls then made their way up to their room.

_________________________________________

"Woah, look how nice this is!" gasped Bailey as she entered the room.

It was an apartment styled room. The living room was right when you walk in, with the kitchenette to its right. Next to that was a small eating area with a hallway. Through the hallway was one bathroom, and three, really nice, rooms.

"Why does this room have two beds?" Said Bailey, standing outside the door.

"Because I need a bed too!" Bailey recognized that voice. She turned to see her best friend standing there with her luggage.

"Emily!!!!!" Bailey squealed, leaping into Emily's arms.

"Surprise! You know I couldn't miss your 18th!"

"Oh my god! You're the best!"

After a little catching up, everyone began to get ready.

"Hurry up guys we need to get to the stadium early!" shouted Catherine from the living room.

"Almost done!" Shouted Bailey.

She straightened her hair and did simple makeup. She wore light washed ripped jeans, a Dodger jersey, and white Converse. Cute casual.

_________________________________________

They arrived at the stadium at 3:30.

"I still don't understand why are we here so early?" Bailey asked for the 3rd time, irritated that they wouldn't give her a direct answer.

"So we can get good parking." Alexis answered, changing the conversation immediately.

They pulled into the parking lot and parked their car. There wasn't many people yet, so they went through the gates quickly.

"So, mom and dad were kind enough to get us a dugout tour and meet and greet before the game!" Catherine announced to Bailey.

"OMG! No way!" Bailey squealed, bouncing up and down.

"Come on! The tour start in five minutes." said Alexis leading the way to the stairs.

After 4 painful flight of stairs, the group found the door that led to the downstairs area. Catherine should their tickets to the bodyguard and was allowed to enter.

Immediately, Bailey took a picture in front of the Dodgers Clubhouse sign. Many reporters and workers were walking around them.

They explored a little more, taking pictures with things and talking to some important people.

"This is awesome! I can't wait to -" Bailey was turning the corner when she bumped into someone, and fell to the floor.

The other girls gasped, not even trying to help her off the floor.

"Wow, this is embarrassing," Bailey said, now sitting on her bottom. She looked up at the person that she bumped into and saw a guy in a Dodgers uniform. He was number 5. Corey Seager.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" He said, reaching down and grabbing a hold on Bailey's arms to help her up.

"No, no, no, it's fine." She began to stutter, due to being starstuct.

"Happy Birthday by the way," he said, looking at Bailey's birthday pin.

"Oh, um, thanks," Bailey responded, straightening herself up.

"What's your name?"

"My name? Oh, um, Bailey."

"Hi Bailey, it's nice to meet you." he said and smiled, showing his perfect white teeth.

Bailey's cheeks began to warm up, and turn pink.

"Thank you." She said shyly.

"Corey! What are you doing? You need to get out there now!" Yelled a man of some type of importance.

"Sorry, I got to go, but it was great meeting you." Corey said slowly back up and walking away.

Bailey stood there in total shock, rubbing the spot on her arm that he touched.

"You're drooling." Alexis whispered as her and Catherine walk past Bailey. She snapped out of it and followed them.