Chapter 3- Dinner

Bailey waits outside of the locker room for Corey. He changes quickly and meets up with her.

"So where we going?" Bailey asks.

"Well, there this taco place that has the best Tacos that you'll ever eat. We could go there if you want?"

"Tacos? Um, yes please! Mexican is my favorite."

"Awesome!" Corey said as he pulled out his keys, "there's my car."

They approached a black Range Rover.

"Woah, this is nice." Bailey complemented.

"Thanks. I just got it a few weeks ago."

They got into the car and buckled up. Corey started the engine and began to drive.

"Look at all of that traffic" Bailey pointed out all the cars in the parking lot. It was a sea of red lights.

"Yeah, it gets pretty crazy after games. Lucky us for having our own way out of the stadium." He said, driving down an empty, long driveway the led to the street.

It took only a few minutes to arrive to the restaurant, El Grulleñse. Cory parked the car and opened the door for Bailey.

It was only 10:00 and there were a few Dodger fans in the restaurant. When they saw Corey, they started swarming around him asking for pictures and autographs. Bailey was pushed away from him and just sat down at a table.

Luckily, the manager told everyone to leave the room. Bailey and Corey order their food then were left alone.

"So, you live in LA?" Corey asked, sitting across from her.

"No, I actually live in Sacramento. I came for my 18th birthday."

"Wow, you're barely 18?"

"Sadly.... My birthday was last week. How old are you?"

"Aw, happy late birthday." Corey said with a sincere smile, "oh and I'm 21"

"That's cool. 21 looks like a fun age."

"Not really. I don't drink that much so it's really not that special. I only drink with my brothers, but that's on occasion."

"You have brothers?" Bailey asked as the waitress came with the food and drinks.

"Yeah, two older brothers. Justin and Kyle." He said before taking a bite of his Taco, "you have any siblings?"

"Two older sisters. Catherine and Alexis. They actually brought me here this weekend. We're really close."

"Must be nice... I only see my brothers whenever I have a day off. I do not remember the last time that my whole family was together. Kyle and Justin are also in MLB so it's hard to hang out with them."

"That must be hard. I'm leaving to college in s few weeks and I really don't know how I'm going to deal with not seeing my family everyday."

"It's hard at first, but you meet great people that you'll end up calling family." He smirked,"where do you plan to go to college?"

"UCLA. I'm a sucker for LA. Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Dodger Stadium? Count me in!"

Corey chuckled, his perfect teeth peeking through his smile. "Well I'll have to show you around sometime."

"I'd love that."

______________________________________

The two kept talking for what seemed like hours, until the manager interrupted them.

"I am so sorry to interrupt this, but we are closing now. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"What time is it?" Corey asked, confused.

"Sir, it's 1 a.m."

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, we're leaving now." Corey said shocked.

The pair got up from their seats and hurried to the car.

Once they were inside, the broke out to laughter.

"Did we really just sit and talk for 3 hours?" Bailey asked, chuckling.

"I think so." Corey replied, laughing along with her, "I think that I should get you home now."

"Yeah, it's really late. My hotel is in downtown."

________________________________________

Once they pulled up to the hotel, Corey parked the car in the front.

"Well, here we are." Bailey said, looking at Corey.

"Yep.... Tonight was really fun."

"Totally. Thank you for everything Corey."

"No problem."

"Well I should get going now-" Bailey trailed off as Corey got out of the car to open her door for her.

Thanking him, Bailey jumped out of the car and faced him.

They stood there in awkward silence, waiting for someone to speak first.

Breaking the silence, Bailey said, "I'm going to start heading to my room now..."

"Yeah, um, I'll text you."

"Bye." Bailey whispered as she gave him a hug.

The two parted ways and Bailey entered the hotel.

After arriving into the room and noticing that everyone is in bed, she went into the bathroom to freshen up.

She heard her phone buzz and read a text:

Unknown Number- Hey it's Corey. I had such an amazing night with you, hope to see you soon. Goodnight

Bailey smiled at the text and held her phone to her chest.