Chapter 11- Hello L.A!

"Goodmorning!" Bailey greets Corey as he walks into the kitchen. She was making her famous vanilla pancakes.

"That smells good. I haven't used those pots and pans since the last time my mom came over." he says, scratching the back of his head. "I'm more of a take out guy."

"Well, lucky for you, I am a pretty good cook." she says, flipping a hot cake. 

"You're awesome." Corey says running behind her and picking her up.

"Hey! Put me down!" She yelps, with a huge smile on her face.

He twirls them around before putting her down. 

"What time do you have practice?" She asked putting the pancakes onto the plate.

"Ten. I'll go after I eat."

"Okay.. I'm going to check out my new apartment and probably go shopping. We can have dinner after  you're finished with practice."

"Oh yeah, I forgot, there's a small Gala tonight on the rooftop of the U.S Bank Tower. We were invited."

"We? As in, me and you?" 

"Yes..?" Corey answered, confused. "All of the players get a plus one. So i'm obviously taking you."

"Wow, okay. That sounds like a lot of fun. What time?"

"8:00. Practice ends at 5, so I'll come here and get ready."

"Sounds like a plan." Bailey smiles, stuffing a piece of pancake into her mouth. 

-----

After Corey left, Bailey quickly took a shower and got ready.

She did her simple everyday makeup with a great highlighter which she thought was necessary for the city. After straightening her hair, she changed into a white romper and tan sandals. 

Grabbing her purse, she then realized that her car was back home, so she was car-less. 

I wonder if Corey has another car? She thought to herself and made her way to the garage. Opening the door, she discovered a white BMW and a black Jeep.

"I'm sure he won't mind." Bailey said to herself with a deceiving grin, grabbing the keys for the Jeep.

-----

Driving under the California sun with palm trees lining both sides of the street reminded Bailey of the life she dreamt of when she was a child. The roof of the car was down and her hair was flying against the wind as New Romantics by Taylor Swift blasted through the stereo.

She arrived to her apartment complex, excited to see her home for the next few years.

After parking her car, she went to the front office to receive her key. Her apartment was on the third floor, so see hurried up the stairs.

 Her apartment was on the third floor, so see hurried up the stairs