Chapter 2- Familiar Face

"Can I see your tickets?" The worker asked. Catherine pulled up the 4 digital tickets in her phone and showed them to him. "Okay, so you only get 30 seconds with each player to take a picture of get an autograph."

The girls follow the line of people. Bailey was the first one out the girls to meet the player.

She took pictures with a few players like Adrian Gonzales, Andre Either, Joc Pederson, and a few more.

As Bailey walked up to the last player, she noticed that it was Seager.

"Well hey there, long time no see." He said smiling and reaching out for a hug. He was actually very tall, so when they hugged, Bailey's head reached just under his chin.

"Let's take a selfie!" Bailey said, holding up her phone. Corey stood behind her and rested his head on her shoulder, smiling for the camera.

After taking the picture, Bailey's cheeks were hot pink, "thank you so much."

"No problem.. Have fun tonight Bailey." Corey said as he reached out for another hug.

After that was finished, the girls got out of the locker room and made it to there seats.

The girls were all having a good time laughing and smiling except Bailey who's been quiet since the meet and greet.

"Hey Bailey, what's wrong?" Emily asked, putting her hand on her shoulder.

"Nothing." Bailey said under her small grin.

"She's in love." Alexis joked, making Bailey smack softly on the arm.

"He was really sweet." Bailey said, still lightly flustered.

"And he was totally flirting with you." Alexis replied.

"I guess... But I will never see him again, so that kinda bums me out."

_______________________________________

It was already the 8th inning. The Dodgers were winning, 7-3. Everyone was cheering and feeling great.

Catherine and Alexis had a few drinks and Emily and Bailey were eating ice cream.

It was 8:00 when the 9th inning came. It was obvious that we were going to win.

"Next at bat, shortstop number 5, Corey Seager." announced the broadcaster.

Bailey was the only person in the rows around her to stand up and clap. Corey glanced back, and waved back to her.

"Oh my god! He waved back!" Bailey squealed, sitting back down.

He strikes out at the first pitch.

"C'mon Corey!" Bailey shouted.

The pitcher pitched the ball, and Corey swung hard causing the ball to travel out of the field.

"HOMERUN for Corey Seager. The Dodgers win against the Giants!" The announcer says over the speakers.

Everyone is cheering and the team is on the field bouncing and high-fiving.

People began getting up from their seats and leaving.

Bailey stood up and began exiting the aisle when she suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see a worker with a yellow vest on.

"Ma'am, one of the players has requested to see you." He tells Bailey, causing her sisters to ouuuu in harmony, embarrassing her.

"Call us when you're done. I think I should get these girls to the hotel." Emily said, insinuating that Catherine and Alexis had a little too much to drink.

They girls waved goodbye and Bailey followed the worker to a small gate that led onto the field.

"Here wear this," he put a lanyard around Bailey's neck, "so people won't think that you snuck down here."

The field consisted of Dodger players, their families, and many reporters. Feeling a bit insecure, Bailey just stood there watching everyone congratulate eachother.

She looked around until she saw Corey, who was getting interviewed. Right as he made eye contact with her, he quickly finished his interview and walked straight to Bailey.

"So you wanted to see me?" She said giving off a shy smile.

"Yeah, um, I thought you were pretty cool and really wanted to get a chance to see you again-" he was cut off when Kike and Joc dumped Gatorade on both Bailey and Corey, but mostly Corey.

"Oh my god!" Squealed Bailey, shaking the liquid off her hands.

"Guys!" Corey said, drenched from head to toe, "not cool!"

"Hey, there's no crying in baseball!" Joc joked, sticking his tongue out, "and who's the chick?"

"Her name is Bailey, and she's a friend."

"Oh yeah, friend..." Joc said, making quotations with his fingers as he said 'friends' and walking away.

"Sorry about that.... The boys like to mess with me." Corey said awkwardly, "oh yeah, you must be cold," he jogged to the dugout and returned with a sweater, "here you go."

"Thanks." Bailey pulled on the sweater.

"Well, I usually go to dinner after a game.... You wanna come?"

"I'd love to."