Part 17- bitter sweet

Bailey booked her flight for the next day, so she would show up in time for the second game.

She texted Corey a few times but he was busy with practice.

Tonight she went to bed in her apartment and felt lonely, craving to be in Corey's arms.

Since she could barely fall asleep, she went on Instagram.

Joc posted a picture with the caption "S q u a d"

Trayce, Joc, Corey, Alex, and a few other guys were sitting at a bar.

Looks like he's having a great time. Bailey thought to herself.

________________________________________

The next morning, she woke up and packed her luggage. Her fight wasn't until 4:30, so she took her time and went on a jog which she hadn't done in awhile.

The song Sorry by Beyoncé played in her earphones. She sang along while jogging and stopped when she saw a Jamba Juice.

A smoothie sounds so good right now.

She happily entered the store and ordered her usual green smoothie and snapped a picture, sending it to Corey.

"Not as good as when you're here ☹️" she said along with the photo.

He'll never expect me to show up tonight.

Noon came around and she decided to go back to the apartment. Boxes were still lying around so she picked up and cleaned up a bit.

Once her clean freak goals were fulfilled, she hopped in the shower since her flight was under 2 hours.

An Uber arrived and drove her to LAX. She was wearing black leggings with a Dodgers t shirt; her usual go to outfit.

It was now 4:25 and Bailey practically ran to her terminal, barely making it.

______________________________________

The Chicago sunset was beautiful. The lights of the skyscrapers began to light up and the nightlife was starting.

No one knew that Bailey was coming so she had a taxi pick her up and take her to a hotel near the stadium.

Once finding her room, she texts Corey and asks him what he's doing.

While waiting for a reply, she decides to wash up and get ready. She puts together white pants with a flowy off the shoulder top and throws her hair into a messy bun.

Looking at her phone, there's still no reply. It was almost 8.

Since there was no reply, she just called Mariana and told her that she flew in.

Apparently the team was at a bar in downtown having a few drinks and dancing.

Bailey called another Uber to take her there. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face when she arrived.

While retouching her lipstick the car pulled over in front of huge glass building. The word "Rooftop" was lit up in neon blue.

Fancy.

"Thank you!" Bailey told the uber driver before exiting the car.

She went inside the extravagant building. Everything was white and polished.

Elevator doors suddenly opened and she hurried to get in, pressing the "Rooftop" button.

The doors opened and suddenly Bailey was outside. Music was pounding and rich young people were dancing around.

This is different.

"I.D ma'am." A security guard asked stopping her dead in her tracks.

"Oh I'm not going to drink. I'm here to see my boyfriend, Corey Seager."

"Hah, that's cute. I'm going to need you to leave right now if you are not 21."

"But sir, I flew all the way from California to surprise him. I need to go in."

"And I do not care. Rules are rules. You cannot enter if you are not 21. So goodbye." He gestured to some other bouncers and they escorted her out.

She was left in the lobby of the building. Her first reaction was to call Mariana, but her phone went straight to voicemail.

well, looks like I have to wait down here.

There were a few benches around lobby, so she sat down and waited, hoping that they'd leave soon.

________________________________________

After about an hour of checking every social media account and planning her outfits for the week on Pinterest, she finally heard a group of guys.

Turning around, her eyes immediately recognized Joc and Trayce. They both had girls in their arms.

Now where's Corey.

She looked behind them and found her man, walking with a girl.

Who is hell is that?

Her heart dropped, but she didn't want to assume the worst. So she stood up and walked towards them.

"Corey?"

It took him a while to find where the voice came from, but he finally turned to Bailey's direction.

"Bailey?"

A wide grin emerged.

The girl standing next to him looked shocked, with a nasty look on her face.

Purposely, Bailey rushed to Corey and wrapped her arms around his neck, placing her lips on his.

"Surprise!"

"I can't believe you're here!" He said shocked.

"I missed you too much."

"Me too." He kissed the top of her head.

"I was going to surprise you in the bar but they wouldn't let me in."

"I'm just happy to see you now." Corey held her hand and together they walked out together, "where do you want to go now?"

"I don't know. I'm kinda hungry."

"I heard there's really good pizza here in Chicago. I'm sure we can find a place."

________________________________________

Sorry if this was a short chapter!

I made a new cover! How do you like it 😉

Don't forget to comment and Vote!

Also, we hit 10K reads! How awesome is that? Thank you all for reading this story that I love so much ❤️ xoxo