Chapter Seven.

And you ask for forgiveness; you’re asking too much. I have sheltered my heart in a place you can’t touch; don’t believe when you tell me your love is real.”

There was total silence in the night air as I shifted. All eyes were on me and I could tell that so many were glaring at me in hate; mostly because I could shift and they couldn’t. There were a lot of females that despised me; I didn’t care though, it wasn’t my fault.

When I saw someone glaring at me, I growled threateningly and they would look away in shame and fear. I wasn’t taking crap right now and I was sick of everything; sometimes I think it would have been easier if I were human, or at least couldn’t shift.

There was one girl, Lani, who was really rubbing me the wrong way though; probably the greediest girl I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. I mean, she even tried sleeping with my father when Matthias turned her down; and he’s mated! She was literally a power hungry slut in sheep’s clothing.

From the sheer amount of people here, it seemed that over three quarters of the pack had shown up. I growled at Lani and when her glared didn’t falter I moved away from the men who were escorting me through the crowd to the front. I walked right up to her and asked very calmly. “What is your problem?” I wouldn’t have any disrespect from anyone in this pack; even if I wasn’t the alpha, I was of strong blood and I wouldn’t tolerate disrespect from anyone.

She kept silent and her glare disappeared as I felt Ace walk up behind me. I watched as her face transformed into one of total innocence, widening her eyes and taking a submissive stance.

“Jen?” Ace’s arms wrapped around my waist as he finished slipping a huge shirt over my frame; he was playing his part well, too well. “What’s wrong?” He whispered.

I knew that everyone was watching me and as Ace squeezed my waist I knew that I had to keep up the pretence of us being mates. I watched as Lani eyed up Ace and I grabbed her neck, lifting her off the ground and growling in her face as she clawed at me hands.

Putting her in her place gave me great satisfaction though; she was two years older than me and had always made a point to bully me when no one was around, make my life difficult.

“Don’t eye up my mate.” I hissed; though those weren’t the words I really wanted to throw at her, I refrained though.

I could feel her trying to nod but my grip on her throat stopped movement. Ace stood patiently behind me silently so I gave her one good squeeze as her face began turning blue and dropped her to the ground. I bent down so my face was right now to her ear and whispered so quietly that no one could hear me. “Mess with me again, and I’ll make sure that you disappear.”

I stepped her as she shook with fear, finally realising that I wasn’t to be messed with anymore and headed towards Alex, Hunter, Matthias and Hansel.  The pack parted in my wake and it felt good; the power I held in the palm of my hand.

“We need to talk.” Dad growled, pushing open the eight foot tall wooden door that granted access to the huge pack house, mansion really.

I silently followed as he strode through the open down stairs living plan towards his office at the back of the first floor.

He sat down behind his desk which opened out to a beautiful view of the valley and gestured to the four chairs in front of him. I took a seat next to Matthias, Hunter and Hansel, while Ace stood behind me; it felt like he was still watching out for me. Obviously Klaus had sent him with me for a reason; I just didn’t know what that reason was yet.