Chapter Eleven.

I woke up to the sun streaming through the window, the chattering of the pack downstairs and the smell of bacon.

Oh god the bacon!

I groaned and sat up, wiping the drool off my chin, smoothing down my hair and readjusting my shirt. I wore a pair of boy short panties, huge fluffy socks and one of dad’s shirts that I’d taken with me; he wouldn’t miss it… hopefully.

I scampered down the stairs, knowing that all the bacon would be gone soon; if it wasn’t already. I jumped down the last few steps and ran into the kitchen, sliding on the hardwood floor as I came to a stop.

Through the kitchen, into the dining room a huge heaping plate of bacon sat surrounded by syrup, eggs, buttered toast and cereals; a breakfast buffet that made my mouth water.

I grabbed a plate and got in line, piling my plate as high as possible without depriving others of their breakfast. Hansel and Ace were already up, sitting with a few men from the pack; including Caleb and his beta, who I still didn’t know the name of.

I slid my plate down next to them and sat down. “Morning.”

“Morning Jen.” Hansel said giving me a small smile while Ace just grunted and the others around the table nodding.

I snorted and elbowed his side. “Morning to you too sunshine.”

I saw the corner of his lips turn up into a small smile; I knew he wasn’t a morning person, I was just teasing a little. “What do you want to do today Gretel?” I asked, biting into a piece of bacon with fluffy scrambled egg on top.

He growled at me and shook his head. “Call me that one more time and I’ll tell them your middle name.”

I paled a little and was quiet. “Jenna Seraphia Cordiella Knight.” I felt my cheeks flush a little as I glared at him.

“They’re my grandmother’s names idiot.” I hissed, resisting the urge to put him in a headlock and throw down.

“Hey Jen, why are you blushing?” Keegan asked as he sat down next to me, spearing a piece of egg with his fork. “It’s weird you know? Blushing is kinda like getting a boner, but on your face.”

I snorted at his thoughts and watched him; weird, weird child. “How do you come up with these things?” He obviously had no brain to mouth filter, though it was most definitely entertaining, to say the least.”

He shrugged in response and began shovelling food into his mouth.

“So what did you want to do today Jenna?” Caleb asked from across the table.

I thought about it for a moment and then smiled. “How about a run around the borders -on two legs- and then a bit of sparring?” I suggested, hearing numerous groans and growls. Looking around I smiled wickedly. “Surely none of you would be beaten by a girl?”

“They would if they actually let me join.” I heard someone grumble sourly. I looked down the table to see a girl sitting among some of the warriors. She looked to be about my height, maybe a little bit shorter. Her face was turned away from me but I could make out a heart shaped face with full lips. The most stunning, actually more like shocking feature, was her blue hair. It fell to just below her shoulders, pin straight and was an ocean blue colour overall, upon closer inspection though, different shades of turquoise, an array of blues and mottled greens that acted as highlights and low lights appeared.

“You know they won’t let you; you’re a girl.” One of the guys next to her said; probably her brother due to their similar face shape and eye colour, though his were much duller than hers.