Chapter Twenty- Four.

“Put your best face on for the world, fake another smile and just pretend; but you're just puttin' off the pain.”

“What the hell?” I yelled as I opened my eyes to come face to face with one very toned, tanned chest. I pushed him off the bed, escaping his grip before he could pull me down with him. “What the hell Klaus?”

A low growl escaped his lips as he watched me with unfocused, sleepy eyes. “What are you doing? Go back to sleep Jen.” He crawled back into the bed and lay half on top of me, wrapping his arms around my waist, his breath tickling my neck.  

I hissed at the pleasant sensations it bought and pushed him off me, though he only hovered above. “Klaus I told you to get out of my territory so why are you still here?”  I demanded, pushing him onto his back so I could get up. “And why the hell are you in my bedroom, in my bed?”

What the hell was wrong with him? He keeps his distance for months after saying that he doesn’t want me and then almost a year later reappears and decided to become all  caring; no, that’s not how it would work. Walking into my closet I pulled out a pair of jeans and a blue checked shirt. Both hung off my thin frame and I frowned down at myself; I had always liked my curvy, muscled figure and now I was unhealthily thin.

“Get out of my room and find one of your own if you’re not going to leave.” I told Klaus before leaving. I couldn’t be in the same room in him without wanting to punch him in the face or burst into tears.

Now I had to repay the wolves who help me escape though; something to distract me from him.

-

“I’m sorry you guys were locked down there!” I said as the wolves who’d bought me home filed out of the underground prison. “Breakfast is being served and there is a room for each of you; that is if you chose to join and are down with a female alpha.”

There had been a few families who’d left because they didn’t agree with the fact that I was a girl but I didn’t care; I didn’t need people like that in my pack and the wolves who had stayed were all fine with me.

A few guys looked like they chocked on their spit and I held back a laugh at their expressions. “Seriously? You think we’d have a problem with you? Alpha Knight without you we wouldn’t have escaped the hunters; you gave us the courage to rebel.”

All of them nodded and I was touched; I hadn’t thought I would be an inspiration to anyone… ever. I was rash, I had a temper and little tolerance of people who wasted my time and talked behind me back, I was violent, foul mouthed and bossy; yet they looked up to me.

“For those who may have family or friends you can call them and I will fly them over; if you had a previous pack and wish to return then I will not stop you and I will pay for your flights. I’ll have some of your new pack mates show you where you rooms will be and the general layout of the house; however,” I said, holding up my hand before they got too excited. “If any of you cause problems then I will not hesitate to kick you out of my territory; those who are leaving please follow me.” I nodded to Hunter who stood off to the side with twenty men and women who’d offered to show the new wolves around.

As I walked to my downstairs office with the wolves who wanted to go home, my chest twinged and I rubbed a hand over the healing wound; I don’t doubt that it would trouble me for years to come.

“Please write down the name of your previous alpha, name, family and/or friends, position in your old pack and the date that you disappeared.” I listed off as I sat behind the new desk. I had this second office built for the purpose of meeting with wolves from other packs, etc. because I don’t want them in my apartment. My room had always been my sanctuary and no matter what, only people I trusted were allowed in; that’s why I got so angry at Klaus this morning.