Chapter Ten.

It was beautiful here.

I breathed in the fresh air as I walked off the jet, Ace and Hansel following behind. On the tarmac, three black SUVs were parked with the doors open and many wolves standing around, all looking at the jet, at me.

I instantly knew who the alpha was, he stood tall and proud in front of his pack brothers, smiling at me as I walked towards him.

He didn’t look a day over thirty; though I had no doubt that he was older.  He had long, thick, curly raven hair, brown eyes that looked like melted chocolate with slight crow’s feet when he smiled, tanned skin that showed his preference to the outdoors, he stood well over six foot and like all male werewolves, had a very muscular body which was displayed in a pair of leg hugging jeans and a smart button up shirt.

He held out his hand for me to shake as I approached and I gave him a small nod of my head and a smile. “Alpha Miller, thank you for inviting me into your home.”

He smiled as he shook my hand, searching my face for something. “Call me Flynn.” He said in a heavily accented Spanish drawl. I nodded and went to withdraw my hand when he tightened his grasp. “You look just like your mother.” He murmured in a soft tone; though it didn’t sound like he remembered her very fondly.

I nodded and pulled my hand out of his grasp. “Yes I’ve been told.” I remember from what dad briefly told me, that mum infiltrated Miller’s pack to steal something; though I know that was only a small piece of the story. “How did you know her?”

His face darkened as his men moved to pack mine, Ace and Hansel’s bags into the cars. “She killed many good pack members, almost stole valuable information and was also sent to kill my mate; all for the hunters. I can’t say that I was sad when she died, she did save hundreds of thousands of lives though; but she took just as many.”

There was really nothing to say to that; no words of sympathy came from me for his lost brothers, wolves who must have died almost two decades ago. All because of my mother. How much did I really know about the woman who’d given birth to me? How much were people not telling me?

I rode with Ace, Hansel and Alpha Miller in one car with a driver up front while the others followed as a security detail. Ace rode up front with me sandwiched between Miller and Hansel.

“The pack has been anxiously awaiting your arrival; you’re quite famous Jenna.” I nodded and looked out the window, fatigue resting heavily on my shoulders.

The car ride was short and had there not been any baggage I would have been happy to run. Within twenty minutes of driving the cars were pulling into a long gravel drive that branched off into the woods, and eventually, houses.

As the cars parked outside a giant wooden cabin; typical werewolf style pack house, men, women and children all spilt out of the front doors. The car stopped and everyone got out, before I could exit though, Miller rested a hand on my shoulder and leant in close. “Don’t let history repeat itself Jenna; you mean more to a lot of people than you think.” He whispered.

I nodded and scooted over to the door, stretching one long, leather clad leg out. I gracefully stood and faced the many members of the Piedra de la Luna pack.

One man stood at the front with a warm smile on his face. He looked like a younger version of Miller but with slight differences; same height, same build, though his eyes were a shade lighter than his father’s and his hair a sandy colour, though it sat in a shaggy mop on top his head. He couldn’t have been much older than me, though he seemed wiser than his years.

“Jenna Knight, welcome to the Piedra de la Luna pack. I’m Caleb Miller and this is my mother and alpha female, Rosy.” He stepped aside to reveal a beautiful woman with platinum blonde hair styled in a bob, pale rosy skin, slight dimples and bright sky blue eyes that seemed alight with happiness and warmth.