1/1/14

Hey.

My name is Heracles. Or Greece. You're a notebook, so you can't really call me one or the other, but that's my name. Names. They're my names. Yeah.

Names are important. Without them, what would we be? We'd just be bodies with brains. How would we talk to each other? How would we differentiate between each other? Names hold meaning. Without names, we have no meaning. Without them, I'd call people "person" instead of "Kiku" or "Gupta" or "stupid Turkish asshole". Like how I call you "Diary".

I don't like that I call you that. Just because you're a lot of pieces of paper doesn't mean you don't deserve a name. But I want to give you something meaningful so I'll wait on that. I'm too tired to find one for you now. But not tired enough to sleep. I guess I'll tell you about me.

First and foremost, I love cats. They're beautiful creatures, as smooth and slender and agile as a... smooth, slender, agile thing. I have some cats of my own. About a hundred of them. I spend a fortune feeding them. Maybe that's why I'm up to my eyebrows in debt.

Oh well. It's worth it.

I also like sleeping. I can't sleep well at night, which I really don't like because it means I'm alone with my thoughts and they run away with me and I remember that I'm an insignificant, kind-of-mortal speck of dust in an infinite universe and there's no way I can change that and once I'm dead I'm nothing and I won't know anything about what's happening around me and what if nobody misses me and what if everyone does and people are crying because of me and what if what if what if what if

I don't like being awake at night.

During the day, however, I sleep too much. Even when I'm awake, I'm asleep in my mind. The problem is, sleeping everywhere isn't really socially acceptable so I don't leave the house much. The other problem is, the more I sleep in the day, the quicker night comes and the less I can sleep when it does. But I can't help falling asleep during the day. I've tried drinking coffee. I hate coffee. Turkey called me a baby for hating coffee. I punched him. Stupid Turkish asshole.

I think I'm tired enough to sleep now. Goodnight.

Greece

Based off of TheSeerOfDoom's Romano's Diary. Definitely not an output for whatever random philosophical thoughts come into my head. Pffft no.

Okay yeah maybe it sorta is.