Chapter 16 - Finally, A Happy Chapter!

A/N: Idk why, but I always have to say something before I write a chapter. I'm weird like that.

- - -

Chapter 16:

>Classified Location<

Intern and Jeremy sat in the control room once again, but this time with the other two interns. They had been practically forced to tell them what was going on. After they told them, they didn't leave them alone. And during that one lunch break, they had learned that their names were Emily and Deviant. So now, they sat there in awkward silence, working, while the other two watched.

"Can we--"

"No."

"You don't even--"

"No!"

Emily and Deviant sighed and got out their laptops. They logged onto a certain game, and played quietly while Intern and Jeremy worked. The silence and concentration went on for about another hour, until Intern asked, "What are you guys doing?"

"Oh, nothing," Emily said, giggling. Intern looked at her computer screen, seeing the blocky world that was Minecraft.

"You guys play Minecraft? Us too!" Intern said, making sure he wasn't too loud. It was a good thing that Mr. Boss didn't have surveillance cameras in the control room, or this would've been a lot more difficult.

"Then do you wanna play with us for a while? You know, take a break?" Deviant asked.

"Sure!" said Jeremy.

--

Adam lay awake in bed, staring at the empty spot where Dawn should've been. He'd done this pretty much every night since she was taken by the squids, thinking he might not see her again. He had lost so many people close to him; Dawn, Ty, Jason, Quentin. . .

His deep thoughts were interrupted by some of the Recruits outside. He looked out his window, and locked eyes with the one person he thought he'd never see again. "Dawn!" Adam smiled, something he hadn't done in a while. He rushed outside and hugged Dawn, like something from the end of a romance movie, moving in slow motion, blurring the rest of their surroundings.

As Adam, Dawn, and the Recruits went inside to celebrate the first major happy moment since the war began, Adam turned around to see Rosie and the Ninjazoids standing in the forest. Knowing it was they who brought Dawn back, he smiled and mouthed the words, "Thank you." Rosie gave him a thumbs-up, and she and the Ninjazoids disappeared in the shadows.

--

Back at the Homie Fandom, Eddie and the small remainder of his Homies were returning from a fight in the Squid Dimension. They'd lost many this time, and it didn't help seeing the squid versions of his best friend and his girlfriend.

As Eddie headed to his castle, Rosie and a couple of Ninjazoids stopped him. "I need to show you something," Rosie said.

"What do you need--"

"No time to explain! Come on!" She led him down the path that led to where his dinosaurs were once kept.

"Why are you taking me to--"

"Ugh, just shut up already! Don't worry, you're gonna love this!" Rosie exclaimed, skipping down the path and he followed behind, staring at the ground. When they got there, she stopped, and he looked up to see every one of his dinosaurs back where they should be.

"Woah, how did you get them back?!" Eddie asked, suddenly feeling happier.

Rosie looked at the Ninjazoids and smirked. "We went to the Squid Dimension and found them in a cramped cage in the middle of nowhere. We let them out and brought them back here without a single squid seeing us. Oh, and you're welcome."

After Eddie thanked them about a million times, Rosie and the Ninjazoids left, finally leaving the Homie Fandom to go back to their own fandom and restore it.

And that night, no one slept, but for a different reason. Not because they had battles to fight or worries about attacks or thinking about those who had been lost. This time, everyone was awake celebrating the much needed happiness in the midst of this war. Not only had Dawn, Eddie's dinosaurs, and the Ninjazoids returned, but the Sky Army and everyone on their side also had finally won a major battle. Maybe there was still hope for winning the war.

- - -

A/N: Sorry my chapters are always short. But I guess I make up for it by updating more than once a week, right? And sorry I haven't been updating that much this week. I'm busy with some end of the year school stuff. Yeah, I still have two weeks of school. I can't take this anymoreeeee bwaaaaah

Oh, and if any of you have suggestions for future chapters, tell me! I'll most likely use them :D