Mourning Star

As the school day starts, she puts on a mask, just like Guy Montag. She feigns happiness to hide her demons. First period: gym. Her least favorite period of the day, mainly because she is strong in the academic sense, and certainly not the athletic one. What's worse is that they're learning to play American football, a sport which she doesn't like.
She makes it through gym with no drama, naturally. Second period: Social Studies. A good class, one that she likes because it a) has the least amount of people in it, only ten, and b) because most of he time, they work by themselves, and she can listen to music. Again, no problems there. Third period: Health. Another fairly good class, mainly due to the fact that she is on good terms with the teacher, and the class is just all around easy. There she ran into a problem. A searing headache, coupled with severe abdominal cramps, overtook her, but she refused to let it show. She made it through third and fourth period, math, with the severe pains distracting her only minimally.
After fourth period is lunch, where she meets with her only friend, the boy who has a crush on her. They sit outside, and the boy starts singing to her. He sings two songs to her while she eats, to calm her. After he finishes, he asks her what was wrong that morning. She replies with a note, as she always does. After all, after a suicide attempt over the summer, she can no longer speak. The note read: I've been having abdominal pains, and the thoughts are back. On top of that, I have a headache and got yelled at last night. I want to die right now. My mom and I are going to the doctor's after school, and we'll hopefully see what's physically wrong with me.
"Well, at least you'll have half your problems solved, Mourning Star. And don't try again. I don't want to lose you. Even though you might not think it, someone loves you, and will miss you if you do it. I- I love you, Adri. And I wouldn't be the same if you disappeared or died." His voice faltered, and he began crying. And so did the girl.The boy cried because he finally said that he loved her, and he's worried about her, and the girl cried because he said he loved her, and because of the pain, both mental and physical.
After lunch, the next three periods were a blur, and went by too fast to remember much from any of them. All she knew was that she didn't have homework in any of them, and that she didn't have school the next day, or Science Olympiad that day. She got picked up at the end of the day by her mom, and they went to the doctor's office to have her symptoms diagnosed.  

I hope everyone who has read the first chapter is happy that this chapter was long! I have been working on it for a while, and I finally found a good place to stop it! I won't be posting often right now because I have Science Olympiad, a crap-ton of homework, and just a busy domestic life. I'll probably post a bit more sometime next week, so, yeah. I hope you all liked it! Bye!!
- TLR