The Judge

The next morning, my mom drove me to the neighborhood she used to live in, and asked me to call her when I was ready to leave. Before I left, she smiled and kissed the top of my head. I said my goodbye, and got out of the car. I rang the first kid's door, and his (I think) his older brother. "What do you want?" he asked. "I- I'm here for Scott," I stuttered. "Oh. You're one of her friends. I'll get him. Give me a minute." I stepped out of the way of the door, and stood awkwardly in the driveway until Scott came out. Scott led me to the other guy's house. His name was, uh, Ron. When Ron came to the door, his eyes widened when he noticed me, my shirt, more specifically. "Give me a minute," he choked out.
When he came back out, he looked like he had been crying. "Are you okay?" I hesitantly asked. He nodded and gestured us to begin to walk to the park behind the neighborhood. We sat down, Ron and I on the ground, and Scott on a swing. Ron was sitting to the left of me, with his notebook open to the first page on his lap. Scott was facing us, with his notebook open in his hand. And I, well, I was looking between them both for signs it was alright to start.
We didn't even say hi to each other. The three of us all knew why we were here. We weren't here to make small chat and socialize. We were here to find out why she did it. They both gave me the sign to start, and so I did. I pressed play, and it started.

The Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें