Pearl Of The Stars

We looked at the stars for who knows how long. I found the two constellations I knew, one from her, and the other from my memory. I started quietly singing, and Ron looked down at me, and asked if I was alright. I stopped singing, sat up, and looked him in the eye, and replied. "No. I'm not okay. I lost the one person who made my life worth living on Monday, went to her funeral yesterday, and have spent all day experiencing her slow descent into suicide. In what sense of the word would you have even the inkling of an idea that I'm okay?" He hung his head in shame when I finished, and didn't meet my eyes when I apologized. 

"It's fine," he mumbled. "Can you continue singing, please?" As he said it, he looked at me with a pitiful look, and his voice almost broke as he did. "The song you were singing is really soothing, and you sound almost exactly like the guy who sings it." I nodded, and began singing again. 

"I'd give you everything, if only I'd have known you'd take it. But you don't, 'cause you're you, and that's why I'll always love you. My pearl of the stars..." I could hear sniffling, and saw Scott, out of the corner of my eye, crying, but trying to hide it. I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I scooted over, and hugged him. I hugged him for her, because I felt that that's what she would've done in my place, if one of the others, not her, would've went.

I am so, so, so, so sorry that I haven't updated before now. I've kind of forgotten about this, to be honest, sorry. But hey, I'm back now. I hope you guys enjoyed it, either way.

~TLR