Through The Ghost

Both of them looked at me incredulously, then Scott spoke. "She meant a lot to both of us," he started, "and we both were devastated when we found out she had done it. Ron loved her like a sister, and I admit, I had a crush on her like nothing else. I wasn't quite as in love with her as you are, er, were, but I did harbor feelings for her. Like you said, she had a lot of talents, ones which neither of us possessed. We actually had plans to make a comic book together. But, obviously, that's not gonna happen now. We just, thought that she'd maybe tell us before she tried again. But, obviously, she didn't." At this point, he started crying. And, to be quite honest, I'm surprised I didn't start again.

          "You know," Ron began, "we should've seen it coming. She had gotten so quiet that last week, drawing in on herself, now that I'm thinking about it. All of the signs were there, we just didn't realize how bad it was. We thought we did, but we seriously didn't." As I turned to look at him, his gaze was distant, as if remembering her face. The face of a dead girl. The face of our dead friend.

          I stood up, suddenly feeling dizzy. The edges of my vision were black. Ron looked up at me, and asked if everything was alright. My tongue felt like lead, so all I could do was nod. With a bit of difficulty, I got off of the playground structure, and stumbled to the grassy field adjacent to the playground. I stumbled and fell onto my back. I stayed laying down, and I stared at the stars beginning to appear in the sky above. Scott and Ron ran up to me, and looked down at me. "dude, are you okay?" They asked. I nodded, the tears forming in my eyes. They sat down on either side of me, and looked up at the stars with me. 

Sorry for the short chapter, it's just been a while since I've updated. I'm still alive, not to worry, not that any of you were or anything. Anyway, yeah. Here it is. Honestly not sure where the story is going, so...Whelp, bye raptors. Have a good one, whatever it is, because that's what you all deserve.

~TLR