Goodnight Moon

After the three of us got to their home, I got a shower and dressed. As I walked out of the bathroom, I drew some stuff on my arm, and hugged, well, try to hug, Mark from behind. He's taller than me, so it didn't work out too well. "What do you have on your arm, Adri?" he asked.

"They're some paintings. And I'm not Adrian anymore, just to let you know. I'm Carlos. Sorry I forgot to tell you." He just chuckled, turned around, and kissed me. The kiss was quick, but passionate. It was filled with the passion that was missed while he was gone. I missed him, and was so, so, terribly afraid of losing him. When they said he might not make it, I had started cutting again. 

Honestly, the only person that saved me didn't even mean to do it. It was Mark's mom, and she saved me by being a wreck in and of herself. I realized that, well, I didn't have it as bad as her. She lost one of her sons, was in an abusive relationship, and all but lost her second one. She wasn't eating, sleeping too much, and shut herself away from the world. I helped her to function, because she needed an anchor, and, to be quite honest, so did I.

Mark jolted me out of my thoughts with another kiss, this one longer, more, I don't know, tender. "You're crying," he whispered. "Don't cry. You have me back. I'm not going to leave you again, I swear to you." He looked at my arm, and noticed the cuts. "When did you do that?" He asked, concerned.

I wiped my eyes on my hand, and explained it to him. "I did it again when the doctors were becoming less sure of whether you'd make it. I thought I'd slowly sever the ties, and sever the last one when they unplugged you. I love you, and I want to be with you, no matter what."

At that confession, he grabbed my arms and held me, looking deep into my eyes. "You have a life. You have so much potential. Don't throw it away on me, Carlos."

"I could say the same to you, Mark."

"I'm different. I'm not very smart. I'm a bit of a stoner, and, well, you're the only thing I have."

"But if I'm not s'posed to give up, neither are you."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."