Mark

I remember when I found out. I was in the middle of writing something. I was writing a letter to her. To Mourning Star, my crush. And then my mom came in and told me what Mourning Star's mom told her. And I cried. I locked myself in my room and cried. Why? Why her? Why does everything bad happen to the people I care about? My mom with having an abusive girlfriend, my brother ODing on drugs, and now my best friend, my only friend, killing herself. Life can't get worse for me right now.

"Mark! Unlock the God damn door! What did I tell you about locked doors in the house?" Never mind, I suppose it can get worse. That person yelling is my mom's soon to be spouse, Stephanie. She yells a lot at everyone, especially me. I just can't please her. She just, well, she just is impossible to please. I got up and moved to the door, unlocking and opening it, only to be slapped by none other than Stephanie. "Sorry Stephanie," I meekly said. "Sorry isn't going to cut it anymore, Mark," she huffed. I started crying again, and then she got really angry. "You're not crying! Stop crying! You're on your way to getting grounded!" she yelled. And so, I snapped. "Did my mom not tell you?" I whispered. "My friend just killed herself. She killed herself. My only friend killed herself. Tell me you wouldn't be an emotional wreck if your best friend, your only friend, had killed herself. So sorry that I'm in a bad mood. I didn't mean to inconvenience you. What did you need?" I composed myself, and looked her in the eyes.

She met my gaze, and I saw all of the anger drain out of it as the impact of my words hit her with all the force of an F-5 tornado. She couldn't see the inner turmoil that was inside of me. She couldn't see how broken I was, because I covered it up. I made myself look as if I were put together. It put her off, I could tell. But she didn't back off, oh no. She hit me. I started bawling, and my mom came running down the hall and I clutched my cheek, which is where Stephanie hit me.

Cliffhanger for you guys. Tell me your opinion on this change. Thanks!
-Time Lord Raptor