Life is Beautiful

After I finished writing the letter, I went for a walk in the forest behind our house. I went back to the tree house, and climbed up to sit in it. I turned on my phone, and put music on. It was a playlist of songs that reminded me of her, most of them being love songs she showed me. I pulled the knife out of my pocket, and just stared at it for the longest time. I could feel the voices start to tempt me, and I soon gave in.
I cut where she showed me, the pain not even registering in my mind. All I could feel was the cold of the blade, and a slight irritation, like from a papercut. I cut up my veins, and soon passed out, only to wake up in a hospital bed, with Adrian curled up next to me like a cat, and my mom sleeping in a chair farther away. I shift and try to not wake my love up, but fail. Her eyes slowly open, and she breaks into a wide grin when she makes eye contact.
"You're awake," she whispers. "You're really awake." Suddenly, she kisses me, and the memories come rushing back. I had been in a coma, fabricating a life where I had to deal with her loss. I was trying to save her, and almost lost myself. The kiss breaks, and she stands up. "Do you want anything to eat?"