Chapter Four

The Tardis wheezes to a stand still and the Doctor opens the door and pokes his head round to check we're in the right place. He's been making a habit of getting us lost recently and I've been teasing him non-stop about it.

"So did we get the right place?" I call out, taunting him. "Or did we end up in a futuristic desert or something?"

"Hey!" he says indignantly. "I've never done that! Anyway, we are in the right place, just about a quarter of a mile away from the pub. On the outskirts of London."

"Okay," I say. I pull my red shawl around my shoulders and walk outside into the crisp snow. It's nearly seven, but because it's winter it's very dark, and the deep blue sky is tinging the snow with colour. It's beautiful. We begin to walk down the lane.

********

We are getting very near the pub. I become increasingly more nervous, and the Doctor senses it. We walk a little slower, and stop talking. Suddenly I hear a very familiar voice.

"Did you make this snowman?"

"No."

"Well then who did?"

I glare at the Doctor.

"How is this possible?" I demand in a whisper. "That's us!"

"I don't know," the Doctor hisses back, "but whatever it is it's not my fault so don't look at me like that!"

"What should we do?" I ask.