Chapter Ten

"You and River had a daughter??" I ask, realising it kind of matches up, what with the blonde hair and everything. "You have a daughter and you didn't tell me?"

"Of course we didn't have a daughter! River and I would never... y'know!" He looks awkward.

"Seriously?" I say, suddenly angry. "So it was one of your other many companions then? Rose?"

"Clara, it wasn't one of my companions! A machine took a sample of my blood and used my blood to create her using my DNA, okay?"

"Really?" I ask.

"Really," he replies. I suddenly notice that Jenny is looking completely shell-shocked. I turn to her.

"Why do you look different?" she demands. "If you're really my dad, why do you look completely different from how he looked? And where's Donna? What happened to Donna?"

I decide to take a step back and let them sort it out themselves. The Doctor takes a step closer to her and holds his arms out. She takes a deep breath and falls into them, throwing her arms around him. Tears run down both of their cheeks. The Doctor buries his face in her hair and kisses her forehead, sparking off flickers of jealousy in me which I try hard to stamp out.

"Where's Donna?" she asks again.

The Doctor lifts his tear-stained face off her shoulder and looks into her eyes.

"Donna's dead," he whispers.

I see the pain on both their faces.

"She's dead?" Jenny whispers.

"I'm so sorry," the Doctor replies.

"I've got some questions for you," Jenny says sadly. "And I've been looking all over the universe for you just to have them answered."