Chapter Seven

***A/N I swear I am allergic to romance- I mean it's okay to read it but I feel so awkward about writing it... but then again it wouldn't be Whouffle without SOME romance! Okay, so what I want you to do is comment down below and say whether there's too much romance, not enough, or just the right amount. Thank you for all the awesome feedback already...***

The Doctor is his usual annoying self in the morning. He bounces out of bed very early, full of energy and dances around the room as he waits for me to wake up. I groan and pull the covers over my head, but he's not having that.

"Come on Clara! Things to do... people to save... breakfast to eat!"

"You were the one who woke me up at midnight last night," I grumble.

"Sorry about that," he says.

"Nah it's fine, glad I could help." I feel my early morning sarcastic-ness creeping in and I try to push it away. If the Doctor and I share this room for a few nights longer, he will soon find out that if you wake me up early I get very grumpy.

"What time is it anyway?" I ask, sitting up.

"Five? Six? I'm not sure." The Doctor sonics the wall and checks the readings. "Now that's interesting." He peers underneath the bed, then proceeds to start dismantling the skirting board.

"Doctor!" I whine. "Five??"

"Now that's VERY interesting," he says, sounding intrigued. I lean over the bottom of the bed so look at the skirting board. It looks like a normal (broken) piece of skirting board to me.

"What?" I ask.

"Look at it," he says. "REALLY look at it. Does that look like an ordinary piece of wood to you?"

I take it from him and inspect it. The wood is light and toffee coloured. Then I realise something.

"There are no rings, or marks!" I say. "None at all."

"That's my girl, Clara!" he says. "The sonic told me there were alien life forms in the room and I took a look around and spotted that. So what's going on? And more to the point, are all the skirting boards like this?" He turns and runs out of the room and I follow him. I don't know WHERE he's going, but I guess I'm just about to find out...