Welcome to Hell

"—On behalf of the captain and the entire crew it has been our pleasure to service you, thank you for flying with us and we welcome you again to London

"—On behalf of the captain and the entire crew it has been our pleasure to service you, thank you for flying with us and we welcome you again to London."

     Chloe unhooked her seat-belt and dug her phone out of the front seat pocket. She texted Abigail a very simple line: 【made it to london. 】

     She'd spent the past seven hours and thirty minutes listening to the two eleven-year-old twins argue in the seats beside her. Their mother scolded them fiercely from her seat just in front of Chloe's. Most of the nearby passengers were greatly annoyed by their much needed sleep being interrupted, but not Chloe. She couldn't have slept if she wanted to. She couldn't even care enough to feel anything at all. She was numb.

     Chloe collected her belongings and exited the plane. It still hadn't sunk in that she was in England. Yet again, a new place with new strangers to become accustomed to. She wasn't even positive about how she was supposed to get to Darkwood. Henry told her to look for someone holding up her name on a sign.

     Past the baggage claim, people were being reunited with loved ones. Hugs, kisses and "Welcome home" signs littered the area. In a sea of affection, Chloe could spot one lone person holding a sign that read: Chloe White.

     "Chloe White, are you Chloe White?" A thin boy looking about sixteen with bright blonde-hair and blue-colored eyes approached her.

     She nodded with her bag tugged a little closer. "Yeah, that's me."

     The boy extended out with hand with a warm smile. "A pleasure to meet you Chloe, I'm Sanford Wiles, I'm part of your class welcoming committee, we're going to be classmates this year. It's my job to help you understand all of Darkwood's rules."

     Chloe wasn't in the mood to deal with anything related to school. She'd just got off a plane, couldn't they give me a break before shoving rules and regulations down her throat?

     She sighed, "Look, I'm actually really tired. Is there any way I could just rest and you can tell me all of this another time?"

     Sanford placed a hand against his collarbone and turned his expression more sympathetic. "Must have been some serious family issues, right?"

     "What?" She said flustered. "Am I really that easy to read?"

     The boy had a way about him that held more confidence than she was used to. He didn't offer to take her bags, he just started walking like a peacock and expected her to follow. "No, it's just you're early. Not all the students are back from winter break. If you're here now, it means you did something your parents didn't like and they sent you here early."

     "Something like that." Chloe didn't feel ready to give details to a stranger

     "Oh, and don't worry, I'm going to spare you all the boring details. You should feel really lucky that today is my day to do welcoming duty, if you had come in tomorrow, you'd have gotten Cynthia and she is a scholarship grade-A bitch." Sandford tossed a sassy smile over his shoulder.