The Seven

"White, are you really not going to let me help you carry anything?"

     "No, I've got this." Chloe dragged her two heavy suitcases and her backpack as well. They were heavy and she could have used more help with them, but she refused to get help from Dominic. Sanford had helped her sign in with the administration, but she'd been so flustered over seeing Dominic that she wasn't really paying attention when they left the office and Dominic convinced Sanford to let him continue giving Chloe her tour.

     Dominic walked at her side, fully dressed in his cream and dark-blue uniform. "Am I reading too much into things, or are you cross with me?"

     Chloe was mad with him. He hadn't done anything specifically bad towards her, but she was upset at him for being right about everything. It would sound so stupid to tell him that though.

"You're right, you are reading way too much into things," she lied. "And I'm serious, I've got this. I'm fine. So, just go do whatever it is you've gotta do."

     Dominic's' eyes gleamed when he'd smile, he looked so amused. "Right, you have everything under control. Like for example, you are heading towards the boys dormitories on purpose."

    Chloe paused in her steps.

     Her eyes lifted to Dominic's and as he watched she slowly turned her suitcases in the opposite direction.

     "This is childish, White." Dominic stated before he reached out to snatch the handles of Chloe's two suitcases.

    "Hey! I can do this myself," Chloe protested, but not too much. 

     Her body was tired and she really didn't have an idea of where she was going. She lifted her hands up in surrender. "Fine. You can carry them, but I don't see why you want to help me. Aren't you the one who said we couldn't be friends?"

     He pulled the cases with ease. "I guess I feel a kinship with you, White. Seeing as our lives were both destroyed by the same woman."

     She didn't falling for it this time. "Prince said she isn't your mother."

     "And apparently, my word isn't as good as his? What, do you not trust this face?" He turned and leaned in close to Chloe. Much too close.

     Her cheeks instantly became hot.

     She pressed a finger against his shoulder to push in some distance between them. "Not even for a second. We don't know each other. From the one day I spent around you I learned that you like to play games with me. I don't know what to believe with you."

     Dominic didn't deny anything, in fact he nodded in agreement. "True. However, have I been wrong? Was I wrong about Elizabeth turning on you? Or wrong in guessing you'd be attending Darkwood with me? Seems I've actually been telling the truth this whole time and you just refused to listen to it. You should have eaten the twizzler, White. You're really going to miss candy here."