Flirting [Shiki Senri Ficlet]

[Name] sat on the soft couch in the socializing area downstairs in the Moon Dorm, looking at the two other vampires that also occupied the room with her. Sighing, she rested her elbow on the back of the couch and propped her chin up in her hand while pulling her legs underneath her body. Turning her head, she looked out the window to the front of the Moon Dorm although she didn’t know why she bothered with doing that. There was nothing unusual or interesting going on outside of the Moon Dorm this Saturday afternoon.

The sound of a page turning got her attention and she turned her head to look over at Ichijo and Shiki as they sat on the couch opposite of her, positioned at a parallel angle to the one that she was sitting on. It’s position gave her the ability to observe both of the males easily, although her [color] eyes mainly stayed on Shiki as he nibbled on a piece of pocky while looking over Ichijo’s shoulder as the blonde vampire read over one of the books he owned.

Shiki’s mahogany hair was still slightly ruffled due to the fact that it was the weekend and he obviously had no plans to go anywhere else later on during the day or the night. Shiki opened his mouth and took another bite from his pocky, his perfect white teeth flashing slightly and making [Name] bite her lip. If [Name] tried to deny that she had feelings for the young vampire, then she knew that she would be lying to herself and to whoever asked the question of her. [Name] thought that everything about Shiki was attractive, from his mahogany hair to his light blue eyes.

Shiki seemed to finally sense that someone was staring at him and he lifted his blue eyes to look across the small space between himself and [Name], his eyes lifting and connecting to hers. When [Name] realized that she had attracted Shiki’s attention, she blushed ever so slightly before smiling gently at him. Shiki stared at her for a millisecond longer before smiling in return to her, succeeding in making [Name]’s heart flutter and her cheeks turn a brighter shade of red.

Ichijo seemed to hear [Name]’s heart’s quickened pace and he looked up at her as well, wondering what had occurred to make her heart act so differently. “Is there something wrong [Name]-chan?” he asked politely, gently shutting his book and setting it off to the side.

[Name] blinked her [color] eyes before shaking her head with a smile on her face. “It’s nothing Ichijo-san. Well, except for the fact that Shiki-kun isn’t sharing his pocky with me,” she said, standing up slowly and stretching her arms out while grinning at the dark haired boy.

Shiki blinked, looking down at the box of pocky in his lap before back at [Name]. “You never asked me for one,” he stated simply.

[Name] looked over at Shiki with a curious gleam in her eyes before she walked over to him, standing in front of him. Shiki took her actions to mean that she wanted some pocky from him and so he pulled out a stick, holding it to her. [Name] shook her head, causing Shiki to get a confused look upon his face. Ichijo was sitting back and watching the interaction between the two other vampires, who seemed to think that they were the only ones in the room.

[Name] suddenly leaned down and took the other end of the pocky stick that Shiki had between his teeth between her lips, pulling it into her mouth and taking a bite of it, leaving her nose to nose with the now slightly flushed male. After taking a few seconds to chew the pocky, she swallowed and smiled brightly at him. “Thank you Shiki-kun,” she said happily before turning and skipping to the stairs that led to the upper chambers of the Moon Dormitory.

Shiki stayed where he was on the couch, slightly embarrassed and blinking. Ichijo was blinking as well, looking over at Shiki. He stayed silent until the blue eyed male looked over at him questioningly. “What just happened?” he asked Ichijo curiously.

Ichijo smiled before grabbing his book once more, opening to the page that he had stopped on and leaning back on the couch, crossing his right ankle over his left thigh. “I believe they call it flirting,” he stated teasingly.

Shiki scowled slightly before grabbing another stick of pocky and placing it between his teeth to take a bite out of it. He was beginning to think that he liked this thing called flirting.