3: Stay...Professional...

Cheryl's PoV

"Come in, Miss Tweedy!"

I walked through the door and waved to the judges before sitting down next to the celebrity I was dancing with.

I swear that's Mariah Carey...

"Hi, Cheryl. Nice to see you. This is Mariah Carey. Mariah, this is Cheryl. She will be your dance partner for the competition." Craig introduced us to each other.

I extended my hand out to the tall girl next to me. She shook my hand.

"Hi, Mariah. It's such an honour to meet you. I'm from Newcastle so if ya don't understand me accent, just tell us." I said to her, flashing a dimpled grin.
"Hi, Cheryl. It's nice to meet you too. I'm from Long Island, New York and I can understand you." She replied smiling back.

Len cleared his throat to get our attention. We faced the judges again.

"Looks like you two will get along just fine. You will be beginning rehearsals for your first routine in two days alright?" Darcey explained.
"Yes, Darcey thank you." I nodded.
"Thank you, Darcey." Mariah mumbled.

"We're so glad to have you two on the show. Good luck!" Craig added.

"Yes, good luck ladies! ci vediamo dopo belle donne in bocca al lupo!" Bruno waved to us.

We giggled, "Thank you, Bruno."

"Right girls, you may leave. See you in two days time, if you need anything just give us a ring." Len said.

Both of us exited the room. Mariah and I were going the same way down so I decided to make a conversation. Just to get to know her better.

"So, I've heard that you used to dance when you were little?"
"Yes." Mariah nodded.
"Why did you quit?" I asked.

"Well, I just wanted to focus on my singing and songwriting more because people liked my singing better than my dancing. I was 16 when I quit and I was deciding between auditioning for being a backup singer or a backup dancer. I went with singing and I haven't been dancing for 9 years." She explained.

"Oh. I started dancing as soon as I could walk. I've done ballet, tap, street and break dancing as well but I specialise in ballroom and Latin. You know, I love the Argentine Tango, do you?"

"Yes, it's one of my favourites! I thought about doing an Argentine Tango routine in one of my music videos. I've just started doing some directing for my new album."

"That's so amazin'! You know what, you should go for it!" I suggested.

I could see the excitement on her face. I couldn't believe she loved to dance as much as I did.

Her innocent brown eyes widened.

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"Of course I am babes, I'm dead serious here." I insisted.
"Okaaaay." She rolled her eyes at me.

Mariah doubts herself a lot.

But why? She's probably the most beautiful woman I've set my eyes on, she's the best singer in the charts right now and she's so kind and friendly. Just a bit shy.

I'll be able to fix that though.

She'll leave me being the brightest ray of sunshine ever.

Wait...Cheryl what are you thinking? F***in' hell Cheryl, you can't be thinking like that, I cursed myself.

Stay...professional...