7: First Peformance

(I was searching up on google to find some good ballroom dresses, but I haven't found anything that matches my vision, soooo I decided to practice my drawing and draw Cheryl and Mariah's dresses for each week/round. The dresses are the same for both girls this round)

..........

Cheryl's PoV

Mariah and I sat backstage with the other acts. We were dressed in two of the world's most gorgeous dresses. For our first performance, we decided to make it fun and do a samba routine. We wore black, mid-thigh-length dresses that had beautiful, diamond embellishments all over and some black strap heels. Mariah looked amazing. Her makeup was done just right and her curls were already perfection before the stylists enhanced them. But to me, her smile just completed the look.

We were going last, as they wanted us to be a surprise for everyone. They've heard all the rumours, but it hasn't been confirmed to the public, so we're gonna shock them all. Mariah was okay going last anyway. She was still nervous about messing it up. I did my best to convince her that she'll do great. We've been practising all week and now we just have to do what we did then; only with sparkly outfits on and an audience watching. She'll do great. She's even better than I expected; considering it was only our first week of rehearsals.

Me and Mariah got an awesome view of the other performances. The backstage lounge had a TV on the wall, viewing everyone on stage and the judges. Peter and Giselle got 28 and Alesha and Justin got 34. The rest of the acts must've had a hard time trying to beat Alesha and Justin. That girl is a f***ing natural! I don't even know if Mariah and I can top that, but I don't mind if we don't. As long as we don't get eliminated in the first week. Then everything we've been working for and Mariah's album being postponed will be all for nothing.

Soon, the stagehand guy told us that, after the commercial break, we were going next. I took a sip of water as we both nodded at the man. He left us alone. Then, Mariah began shaking. I reached for her hand and took it, "Hey, hey...what's wrong?"

"I...I'm...not sure if I can do this, Cheryl." Mariah stammered.
"Bulls***! You were amazing in rehearsals, just focus on us." I assured.
"Are you sure, I'll be okay? I don't wanna make you look bad."
"Yes, I'm very sure, Mimi. I'll guide you the whole way through, okay?"

Mariah nodded. I wrapped my arms around her, careful not to ruin her hair or her dress. I felt her smile as we hugged tight. It felt so warm and it made butterflies flutter wildly in my stomach again. We pulled away and readjusted our dresses, just as the stagehand guy came back to take us to the dance floor. We had to stand there with no lights on us until the presenters introduced us. Mariah took a deep breath, before taking my hand and following me to the dance floor. The two of us went into position, as we heard the judges and the audience whispering in the background.

Tess and Claudia talked to a couple of the other acts before they started to announce the last act on the show. Mariah and I gulped. I stood there in my position, hoping this will all go well.

"Now, it's time for the last couple to perform! Here, to perform a samba routine, are 'Strictly Come Dancing's first ever same sex partners! Everyone please put your hands together for pop sensation, Mariah Carey and her partner, Cheryl Tweedy!"

All the lights lit upon us. The audience clapped for a bit before the music began playing. We began doing the routine, just as we rehearsed. It was a bit hard to dance in four inch heels, but I adapted to the situation pretty quickly. I helped Mariah guide me the whole way through, and she really let loose after a minute or so. You could tell she enjoyed ballroom and that she had done it for years - but 9 years was definitely far too long for any dancer to stop for.