6: Mimi?

Mariah's PoV

I don't get it...why did she look at me like that? She promised she wouldn't, but some for reason, she just did. And the way she looked at my boobs...it was like she wanted to...

Wait, What?!

Woah, Mariah...woah...you are thinking too much about this girl, she's just your dance partner for this TV competition!

But she had this lustful look in her eyes, she always has that look in her eyes when we talk...it's so confusing, I mean, I thought she was straight. But now, I'm questioning if I'm 100% straight myself...I blush every time she catches me looking at her...she's so beautiful, I wish I was more like her...normal and not so locked up in her own mind.

I'm sure Cheryl didn't mean to do that a few days ago though, she probably regrets it now...I'm not sure if I find it really embarrassing, because I have this weird feeling of safety and reassurance when I'm around her. It's as if she's that best friend you have who's really close to you and doesn't give a damn about what differences you have to them.

I can't stop thinking about her all the time, it's so strange to me. Even Tommy isn't on my mind 24/7 like this. But I don't love him THAT much, he's just like a father figure to me.

This Cheryl girl is something different...she looks interested in me...

Does she like me? Do I like her?

"Mariah? Mariah!"

I snapped back to reality, hearing fingers clicking me back. We had stopped at the 'Burger King' in town for lunch. I felt the wooden table beneath my fingers again, and I noticed I hadn't even started eating my meal yet. I had a small box of chicken nuggets and French fries sitting in front of me.

"Oh, sorry Cheryl, I-" I stammered.
"Aren't ya gonna eat your food? It's been sitting there for 5 minutes, y'know." Cheryl cut me off.

She seemed to sense the sudden nerves rushing through me.

"Come on, babe, a beautiful girl like yous gotta eat!" The brunette smirked.
"Okay, okay." I reached for a chicken nugget and took a small bite.

As I finished my third one, I looked back at Cheryl. Her beam spread wide across her face. The smaller woman in front of me had a warm and innocent look in her eyes. Her dimples became the most prominent feature of her face. I had a sudden urge to feel her touch. I reached over from under the table and slowly slipped her hand in mine. Cheryl's grin grew, and her light-olive skin started to redden from the kind gesture.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Yes pet, I'm fine." Cheryl assured, "Now finish your food, woman!"

"Yes, woman!" I mocked her, dipping two chips in my tomato ketchup.

"Don't be takin' the mick!" She pointed her finger at me with a coy smile.

"Oh, whatever!" I pushed her finger from my face, before taking a sip of my Coke.

"Oh, whatever!" Cheryl mimicked.

I got the paper that came with my straw, scrunching it up into a ball. Then, I shoved it in my straw and took a shot at her nose.