4: "What Made You Want to Dance Again?"

*2 days later, 9:30am*

Mariah's PoV

There was a knock on the door. I stirred. Alesha's head popped in, "Hi, Mariah. Sorry for waking you up."

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "No...it's okay."

"I've come to say that your breakfast is ready. Peter was gonna make your food an hour ago but I thought because you've just arrived a couple days ago, we let you get some sleep." She explained.

I nodded, "Okay. Thank you. I'll be down in a sec."

Alesha gave me a huge smile before shutting my door and skipping downstairs. The whole top floor of the house was quiet.

Everyone must be downstairs.

I spent a minute more. trying to make my eyes get used to the light, before getting out of bed, grabbing my robe and going downstairs to join them. Everyone was in the living room drinking a cup of coffee for the day ahead. The delicious smell of waffles filled my nostrils. I could see the other celebrities making conversation with each other.

Kimberley then noticed me.

"Oh my god, Mariah!" She swept me into a tight hug. I felt slightly uncomfortable but I didn't say anything to avoid hurting her feelings. We soon pulled apart after her 'morning greeting'.

"Sorry we didn't see you there, come sit with us!" She said, grabbing my hand and leading me to one of the black sofas placed in the room. Everyone else there gave me a warm smile. I returned one back to be polite.

I only knew Alesha, Kimberley and Peter in this house, so all these other faces I couldn't really recognise. Peter came in with a plate of homemade waffles on a silver tray. A jar of maple syrup, a small bowl of chopped up different fruits and a cup of coffee for myself sat with it. My mouth watered at the sight of good food and a fresh hot drink, awaiting for me to devour.

"There you go, my lady. Want anything else?" Peter checked with that cheeky grin of his.

I shook my head, already satisfied with what I had, "No, that's fine, Pete. Thank you."

"Calling me Pete, eh?" His grin grew into a smirk.
"Oooh!" The other girls cooed.
"Um...it just slipped out." I mumbled, "Sorry."

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Peter bent down and put his arm around me.

"Don't apologise, love. Don't mind the other girls, they're all a bunch of kids." He whispered to me.

I nodded and started to take a spoonful of maple syrup from the jar. Pouring it all over my waffles as carefully as I could. I then arranged the fruits, strawberries, blueberries and banana, sprinkling them on top. The others watched me decorate my food in fascination. I always got worried that I would make a mess. So ever since I was a child, I took extra care when I got to help myself.

After taking my knife and fork and cutting my waffles up, I took my first bite. Every now and then, I would nod in agreement with the others sat with me. They discussed clothes, makeup, childhoods, memories, etc. Now, they were talking about why each of them wanted to compete for the show.

One of the celebrities turned to me. It was a woman with long blonde hair, but nothing like mine. She had piercing grey eyes.