10: Nadine's Secret

Mariah's PoV

As I was walking down the street, I couldn't stop thinking about what Cheryl said to me earlier. Thankfully, I couldn't see how red I must've got from that hug I gave her.

Maybe I will find someone?

What am I talking about? Cheryl's the one for me.

That hug felt just as amazing as the first one we shared after that incident in the showers. I just feel desperate for her affection, in every way, shape and form.

There have been situations where I've had to hold her hand under the table, or sit closer to her, or let her play with my hair while nobody's watching. I hope she hasn't noticed.

God, I think I am going crazy...

I woke up to a phone call. I groaned, as I reached for my phone. Tommy's name flashed, not helping the fact I was rudely awakened from my beauty sleep.

However, I answered the call all the same.

"Hey, honey."

"Good morning, sweetheart. I've missed you so much."

"Me too." I forced myself to say.

"And I was thinking since I have a week off, I would fly over and watch you perform!" Tommy announced.

I tried to replicate the excitement in Tommy's voice, but it was too much effort.

"Mariah, aren't you excited?" Tommy asked.

Sh*t, say something, Mariah!

"Y-yeah, of course I am, babe. I haven't seen you in weeks, and it's been driving me crazy." I lied.

God, you sound so stupid!

Trust me, I know.

"Same here; I'm staying at a hotel nearby, and I'll pick you up in a little while, so we can spend some time together." Tommy told me.

Wow, and on such short notice too.

All I wanted was a lie in after Saturday, and now I gotta hang around with my old-ass manager who wants to get with me...

Whoopee.

"Okay, I'll get ready." I agreed.

"So, I'll pick you up at twelve?" Tommy suggested.

Eh, guess that sounds fine.

"Sound great." I said, "I'm gonna go have a shower now-"

"Too bad I can't join you." Tommy said, trying to sound sexy.

Hold on while I f*cking puke all over the floor!

You know, I can't blame you.

"Well, I'll see you later, Tommy. Bye." I said quickly, before hanging up.

I sighed with relief.

I can't stand him.

Then why did you agree to see him?

So people don't think I'm a lesbian. The press are having a freakin' field day just seeing me and Cheryl dance together, and I ain't got time to stress over more rumours.

And I wasn't the one who flew all the way over here just to watch over me...

I stripped from my pyjamas, and got in the shower. I felt the water run down my body, and I could see Cheryl still looking at my naked body, with those captivating eyes.