Chapter 16

The past 15 minutes I've been staring into his eyes. It wasn't awkward at all, I just felt peaceful. But when we both heard footsteps in the corridor our eyes flew to the door. It sounded like there was about three people out there, walking towards this room. Suddenly, a man stood in the doorframe. It was Jaxon.

"Theo... And Stella?" He was probably a bit surprised that I was here. Perhaps we should be surprised too. He looked around the room, as Theo and I did when we came here.

"What are you doing here?" Jaxon asked. I would like to ask him that same question. I mean, why were he here? Did he even know that Theo was here?

"I was able to mind-link her so Travis dragged us here and a doctor came, we didn't really listen to her..." Theo explained and Jaxon nodded. Jaxon already knew that nobody could mind-link me, besides Maddie. I looked at Theo, he was a bit nervous.

"What are you doing here?" Theo asked his father. Jaxon sat down in the chair in the corner and looked back at his son. I hope that I wont be in the middle of some family drama by sitting here right now.

"I heard that you were here, so I came to look if you were hurt," Jaxon said. It was nice that he cared about his son. Theo nodded slowly as I laid down on the bed again. I looked up at the roof, it was white but quite dirty.

"But you weren't, so we can go home now," Jaxon said and stood up. For some reason I didn't want Theo to leave, but it would be suspicious if he didn't want to.

'Bye' I mind-linked him. He jumped off of the bed and went out if the room with his dad.

'See you later...' Theo mind-linked me.

'What? No. Nope, no, no, no, no, no, no' I responded and then went out in the corridor myself. I slowly walked trough them until I came to the reception. The door opened by itself and I walked out into the rain. I breathed out. A little cloud appeared in front of my mouth, but disappeared the second after.

If I had a phone, I would listen to some depressive music right now. I had one, before I left. But I left it with everything else. That was my first phone, and hopefully last. Phones wasn't things that I really liked. They were just good to have.

Emergency? Call help, on your phone.

Need to talk to someone who is far, far away? Call them!

That was what a phone was to me. But of course you can use them to look at when you don't want to talk to somebody or avoid them.

I kicked a stone as I walked. Theo came to my thoughts, how could he even be my mate? And how could I feel it? I mean, I'd had gotten my mate, or found, him/her when I turn eighteen. And I shouldn't feel the sparks or anything before that... Life's strange. Especially for me.

'Why do you have to be so negative by everything?' Luceat asked. She hadn't spoken for a while, but I was glad that she was back.

'Its the rain,' I answered. Rain always got me a bit depressed. Maybe because the rain brings depressing colors: grey, other shades of grey, more shades of gray.

Why couldn't they record 50 shades of grey in the rain. Or just film the sky. That would be much nicer, so very much nicer than what they filmed.

I bumped into something hard, which made me stop thinking about whatever I was thinking about.

"Ouch!" Great, I've bumped into a guy.

"Sorry," I murmured. He glared at me, as if we knew each other and we were enemies.

"Why did you just walk into me? That super rude, ugh!" The guy complained. He acted just like someone I knew... Oh yeah, myself.

"Well, you kinda walked into me too. You could've moved to the left or right, but you decided to walk right into me," I said and shrugged. His face turned red, but just slightly.

"No, you could've!" He said cockily, probably because he didn't have any good comebacks in mind.

"No, because I was too deep in my thought," I said to him calmly, just to piss him off more.

"Same," He said. What the hell? We're not on some kind of social media where you comment "same" to quotes or pictures. This is real life, not social medias.

He blushed when he saw me in confusion. "Well, bye!" I said and walked away. He didn't answer. Rude.

'To be honest, you're kind of the rude one... Always negative, always selfish, always grumpy-' I cut her off. That was enough negative things for a day... Said to me.

Although I can be nice, I use not to. It was just something I was used to; being rude.

'CAN THEO MIND-LINK YOU?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?' Maddie suddenly screamed trough the mind-link. Ouch! My ears! My ears? When you mind-link you hear it in your head, not ears! Ugh, why do I have to be so stupid?

'Yay! Now we can have group conversations!' Maddie cheered. She've always been excited about this day. She always had hope for it to come. I stopped caring a few years ago. Why would anyone be able to mind-link me? The only one I really wanted to mind-link was Maddie.

'No-' I tried, but she didn't listen. When I heard Theo's confused voice in the mind-link I cut them off. I'd rather talk to Luceat all day than talk to Maddie and Theo in the mind-link.

Something felt like they were quite annoying.

I sighed out in the open air.

The rain had stopped and the clouds were starting to clear up. When I saw the light blue sky I smiled. But that smile soon faded when I heard Luceat whimper.

'Something... Isn't right...' Luceat was very nervous, which she rarely was. My heart started to beat like crazy and my steps were quicker.

'Luceat? Whats wrong?' She obviously didn't know, but I had to ask.

She didn't answer, making me more nervous. Whatever's happening - it isn't good, at all.

________________

TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! YAY!!
I got money... And a flower. But I am known as 'The Plant Killer', so that flower will not live long... Aka I will forget to water it...