The Wolf and The Snake

Jack's POV

We run, what feels like forever to the other end of the school grounds. A memorial statue stands tall and just behind, a giant apple tree. The apples are so shiny that they almost look unreal, but as we got closer the apples began to crumble, mold grows like wildfire and decay curses the bark, the tree stares at us, angry and ready to stop us from getting through.

"I'm guessing we have to go through there." Just as he mentioned it, the tree grows large thorns, blocking anyway of getting through and my pulse begins to rise, boiling my blood.

We don't have time for this.

I'm panicking, what will we do? 

What if we don't get to her? 

Tears sting my eyes as I think of the worst.

Worrying won't get you anywhere Jack. Breathe. Think. You haven't got time to panic right now.

I look at my wrist, 15 minutes and counting.

"Call your pack Dillon, we may need back up." With that I made my way through the thorns, I don't care that it's tearing my clothes or even that my skin is now covered in scratches, I have to get to her no matter what.

As I'm trying to get through Dillon roars. "MOVE!"

Branches crumble as the memorial statue now lays across the floor making a pathway through the vines to reveal a tunnel.

I look at Dillon and we both head down.

12 minutes left.

We come to a divide, oh of course we do, freaking typical. "You go that way, I'll go this way." Pointing left for him and right for me.

Dillon's POV

I run down the way she points no questions asked, I can't catch Mallaurie's scent and there's no point changing, my wolf won't know what to do, to be honest we're both terrified. We only just found her and now we could lose her.

That's when I catch it, she whispers over and over.

"No no no no no." There in a cage lies my mate, curled in pain and trying to hold on. Most wolves would have given up by now, I'm so proud of her.

There's a gold layer of magic over her, probably the curse that takes her so far away from me. She whimpers again. But it looks like she screaming, no sounds come out that way though.

I touch the bars that separate us and they're strong, but I'm stronger, I break them off the hinges without a second thought of the noise.

I kneel by her, my precious mate, and I cry for her, she in so much pain and I don't know what to do. I touch the golden stuff and I feel dizzy.

Poison.

My wolf seems to know it isn't good.

Go through the wall.

Is this a wall?

Must find mate.

With that I pushed with all my might, through the mist of gold and arrived at a meadow.

Screams erupted from afar and that's when I couldn't control him any longer. My wolf took over and we ran, straight towards to sound.

Straight towards our mate.

Mallaurie's POV

I scream but I hear nothing. All I feel is pain. All I see is red. I've lost all my energy and I can't go on with this. I'm laying on the floor now and I try to lift my arm up but I fail.

The Not So Perfect School For Perfect Children (#Wattys2016)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara