Popularity Boundaries

Chapter 6

Jack's POV

"Do you feel ok Jack?"

Alice was lecturing me about how important it was that I felt safe here seen as I looked so terrified leaving the principals office, I didn't realise I was daydreaming and not listening until she stopped talking to me and four eyes were staring at me.

"Huh? What? Sorry, I daydream alot, if you haven't noticed, I have the attention span of a knat." We laughed at my response, before I noticed who else was talking to me.

"I'm Nicola, I could show you around if you like." The figure before me smiled sweeter than sugar but I could see the bitch behind those sparkling eyes. She was the stereotypical blonde bitch. Blonde hair, tanned, had two followers and makeup fit for a panda. I practically laughed in her face and she did not look pleased about it.

"I'm so sorry but this is just so mean girls." I couldn't stop laughing no matter how much I wanted to, I coughed trying to pull myself together. "Thank you but Alice is going to show me around." I gave her, her own sweet smile back while Alice's jaw hit the floor.

"What?" I asked, still laughing as Barbie walked away in a huff of foundation to fix her frown.

"You just pissed off the most influential person in the entire school, I envy your bravery."

"I can handle barbies, what she gonna do, make me orange like her?" Alice giggled at my remark, when someone else came foreward.

Woah people actually notice new kids here, lucky you.

"Do you know what group she's in Alice? Is that why you're spending so much time with her?"

"Jack, this is Samantha, my sister."

"Hi" I smiled, offering my hand, she looked at it as if it was poisonous and I awkwardly took it back.

"Could you just answer the question Alice, she bugs me already." She sighed.

Well you came over here not the other way around, biatch.

If only my inner voice was my real one, I just sat there and made it even more awkward.

"Samantha, why do you have to be so rude all the time?" Alice sighed, clearly this had happened before and she was fed up with it. She put her hand on her forehead, trying to control herself before she yelled at her sister, well at least that's what it looked like. "Just go away Samantha, I don't need your meddling right now."

As Samantha walked away, I looked at Alice puzzled, how could someone as nice as Alice have a sister like that? I wondered if her and Nicola were friends, they could be wiping the floor with people.

"I think I'm going to head to bed, I've had enough of people for one day."

"Can you remember how to get there? I wouldn't want you to get lost." Alice said with concern.

"No, I can remember." I smiled. "Thanks for showing me around Alice, you have a good night."

Alice frowned before saying. "But I didn't take you anywhere."

By the time she had finished her sentence I was long gone, I practically ran to my room, I knew I couldn't put on anymore fake smiles tonight and I wasn't going to try.

When I made it to my room I was wide awake, there was no way I was going to sleep, so I unpacked my bag, threw all my clothes into the waredrobe, I could tidy it tomorrow and put on my running gear. I headed down stairs, trying to avoid anyone and everything when I heard adults talking.

"She resisted effortlessly, it was like I had no effect in her, it was extraordinary and you said she disrespected Dillon? My most dominant and strongest wolf? Amazing. And Luke's charms? She is immune to the powers of my perfect copies and my real ones. I am impressed, we need to get her under control, she must never know what we do here, we clearly can't turn her but we can't let the Church know of her either. She would crumble under their inhumane ways."

"Wouldn't they treasure her my lady?" It sounded like Ma'am.

"No, they would want to get her immunity out of her, they are no church of God, they just hide behind that image. We must protect her, make her want to leave, make her life hell, if she leaves or runs like others have, they will just think she is another failure."

"Yes my lady." Ma'am said hesitantly.

"I know you like her pureness, but it is the only was to keep her safe." The voice paused. "Speak your mind."

"She is strong-willed, she won't leave here easily, I don't want to break her."

"You are kind, but sacrifices must be made to keep her a secret, even her pureness."

"Yes my lady."

I ran.

How could I not. They could only be talking about me. I was the only new one, even though I prayed it wasn't, it had to be me and I knew deep down my life was going to get a lot worse, fast.

When I finally realised I was outside, I turned up my music and ran to the beat. Running gave me a sense of freedom, of no boundaries and pleasure. It was my sanctuary away from everything and everyone.

That's when I ran into something.

Helena's POV

That bitch disrespected my Alpha. How could she think she had the right!

I could she her through the trees, running to music so loud there would be no way she could hear me.

In my wolf form my instincts took over.

She, my prey, had no chance of survival.

I was so close I could taste her feeling of arrogant bliss.

I would soon ruin that for her.

All I had to do was break her neck and it would be over.

Just as I was about to strike she took out her headphones and walked foreword curiously.

Shit.

I lost my chance.

Next time I won't.