Lost Found and Bound

Chapter 21

Nicola's POV

I handed her that disgusting heart half an hour ago and yet still no sign of what I want.

"Is it ready yet Samantha?" I ask impatiently, I want this over with and then I can get to the more important things.

"Nearly." She answers, clearly quite annoyed at my constant asking. I don't care soon she will be dead and she then, won't be a problem.

"Tell me, what's scarier than death?" I say.

"A slow death." She shakes her head in amusement.

"Do you know what spell those ingredients create?" How dare she talk down to me like I am less than her! I am superior. I will be a God in the eyes of the humans.

"You're going to try and bind Death." She smiles again, why is she smiling?

"So you know the spell." I'm surprised, most people don't.

"Yeah I know it, I also know Death hates to be bound."

"Well they shall have to deal with it, once they are they cannot break free."

"He's very old and has been bound by Lucifer himself at some point, he has his ways, be careful."

"I DO NOT NEED TO BE CAREFUL, I AM A QUEEN AND YOU WILL NOT QUESTION ME!" How dare she!? Her eyes lower and she doesn't say another word. That's right, look away peasant.

Samantha's POV

I lower my eyes because that's what she wants, to feel important and feared, plus no one else is here to witness it and I don't need anyone thinking I fear her. As long as I do this then everything will be fine, she'll leave me and my sister out of it.

I'm not stupid though, she'll probably betray her word and try to kill me, so I'll also have all the information I need on the spell, I don't care about the humans but I will save my kin, if it comes to it.

I add the next ingredient and smell the contents I've put together. It's genuinely horrible, the stench reeks of death and decay, but unfortunately I'm not making a love potion here. I think of all the things Nicola has got her hands on, the things she had people to do just to get them but I try not to think on it to much, it makes me feel sick.

I look at the parchment I've been working from, it's crusted and burnt in places but the words are identifiable, which is a shame, considering I wouldn't be doing this if the damn Church hadn't saved the book it came from. I know they gave it to Nicola, or whoever gave it to her, no one steals from The Church, not unless they want them to but I can't worry about it now.

I cross off the completed ingredient in my notebook, the willing heart of a wolf, I had to prepare it for the potion, I shudder at the thought of it, I never wish to do that again and I have a feeling I'll have to, for the next ingredient.

Bone marrow of a lost soul.

A cruel fate it is to watch the world go by without you and I have a suspicious feeling Mallaurie Whiteworth is not in the dungeons for Nicola's amusement.

Bone marrow is certainly hard to procure but I've read the instructions very clearly, many times.

The bone marrow must be taken when the victim is alive.

Mallaurie's POV

I hear a stir in the dust around me and I open my eyes, but I'm not in a dungeon anymore, I'm in a meadow. People are dancing and singing, a very handsome man comes over to me.