The Opposing Sides

Jack's POV

I ran from the office, completely forgetting about everything I was planning to do.

I just can't seem to help it, I'm just engulfed in the feeling of running. I want to run from this, this destiny everyone kept telling I am apart of. Go back to my old life where I knew what was happening. Knew who I was, I was the spoilt girl that got away with everything and I loved it. Now I am a train wreck waiting to crash some more.

The rush of my feet hitting the pavement is soothing on my nerves, the constant sound like a ticking clock, the clock counting down to my death, according to them. Gabriel tried talking to me, explaining things, himself even but I don't want to listen listen and after a while he just stops trying, I can feel that he's left, that my thoughts are once again alone.

How could they not tell me? Do my parents know? Are they my real parents? No that's ridiculous, this is all just so confusing. I am running, running away everything like a coward would. My feet are suddenly cold and it's very difficult to walk now, let alone run. Oh, I'm at a lake, I just fall to my knees and scream. A low pitched, heart broken scream that hurts my ears and I lower my head to water. It's icy cold but as it fills around me, the world is quiet and comforting. The silence is wonderful, here I can hide from all my troubles, no one needs me really.

I am completely engulfed in the water, when I see shimmering eyes in the darkness below, they drag me closer to the bottom of the abyss and it beckons me to go further. My eyes begin to close, how long have I been here?

Wait.

I came here because I didn't want to die, and now I'm drowning! I struggle to get away from the grip of the creature but I'm out of energy, my eyes can't stay open and my lungs are stinging with the lack of oxygen. I don't stop trying to get away but I can feel myself losing energy to fight and worst of all, there's no bright light coming to save me, I guess I was right, I'm not as important as they made me seem.

I'm just another human, damed and rejected, unable to face my fears.

With this thought, the water begins to soothe around me, maybe this isn't the worst way to go. Arms wrap around me, I assume the creature has claimed his prey and I accept my fate. However, oxygen fills my lungs like a hurricane and I'm not dead at all.

Exhausted, my eyes fall before I even have time to thank whoever pulled me out.

Luke's POV

Once again she's in my arms and I feel like I never should have left, her breathing wavers a little but I know she'll be alright after some rest. Both of us soaked, she shivers a little and I pick up the pace of carrying her back to school, I wonder what she was running from. I could see she was willing to give herself to the siren, the fiery girl I once knew seems to have been beaten down, maybe even gone. Which is unacceptable. How could anyone do this to her?

My brows fall into a frown just thinking about it. The siren didn't seem to happy I stolen her prey but they'd never attack someone like me. Perks I guess.

I sigh, someone is following us. "I can hear you, so just come out." I say, I keep walking though because Jack must be freezing.

"How did you find her? I've been looking for her everywhere? Why is she wet?" The angel approaches, keeping pace with my fast walking at the side of me.

"She was drowning. I need to take her to get warm." I turn a sharp corner that puts him off and he stops. I don't look back as we get to the dorms and I take her to mine, locking the door behind me.

Michael's POV

Why didn't Gabriel save her? He is her Guard, how dare he!
My wings spread across the sky viciously soaring through the air, my poor Saviour left all by herself in siren infested waters and he was no where near! I trusted him with her and he failed me.

I land with a violent crash in the Earth, I find Gabriel, lying by a tree, asleep. The air reeks of the smell of alcohol, anger and sadness. But something sinister has also lurked here, movement within the bushes catches my attention and I silently stalk what makes it. I step closer to the noise and with a minimal amount of effort, pull out the creature.

I clasp a fox in my hands, but not a fox, just someone who looks like a fox. "Show yourself Shapeshifter." I command, letting him drop to the floor.

"Okay, okay, god you angel types are so bossy." The boy complains.

"Why are you around my brother? Shouldn't a child like you be in slumber?" I ask.

"He's been annoying my brothers with his rants about someone called Jack, I didn't know angels could be gay, is that a thing? Anyway I came to ask him to shut up but he shut himself up and I was checking if he was alive." This child was odd, his aura is blocked somehow so I can't read his intentions but I brush it off, a child can be dealt with later.

But then I stop, how did he know I was an angel? I gave no vision to him and he does not have the glow of the Sight. I move quickly and snatch the boy's collar. "What are you and how do you know we're angels!?" My voice is low and stern, making the boy shudder, it's then I realise why I couldn't find his aura, he has none. "You, vermin, better have a really good reason for being here." My words are cold and filled with experience.

"Alright, alright." He says. "Don't get your knickers in a twist, I was just doing a routine check to make sure the place was clear and just as I'm about to go off shift, this fella." Pointing at Gabriel. "Shows up talking about the Saviour. Couldn't help but eaves drop, we're just as entitled to her, as you lot are."

"No one will ever get their filthy fingers on her, I can assure you of that, you vile creature." My hands scrunch into fists.

"I'm not here to fight today Michael, there'd be no fun otherwise, but you've really got to be more open minded. I mean, Demons are coming up in the world."