Kissing Games

Chapter 19

Jack's POV

This is not good. I pull Mallaurie away from the staring school kids and I'm shaky. When we are finally alone, I'm pretty much, no, extremely freaking out.

"Mall- I mean Molly, what the hell was that? Don't you understand that the fact that you are, well, um, removed, would not be good for a relationship?" I'm talking fast, my heart beats fast, everything is fast and it's not good.

She looks like I hit her with a brick, she looks broken and sad, it makes me want to cry to see her like this.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it, I had to close the gap, everything inside me told me so and it was magical, like nothing I've ever experienced before. We have a connection, like mates but, but weaker, which is weird, probably because I'm you know, dead."

She sighs, clearly defeated by her own realisation and I hug her as tears begin to fall down her cheeks. I stroke her hair and make soothing sounds trying to calm her when I hear laughing, but it's not Mallaurie. I turn around to find Helena, Samantha and Nicola standing with their arms crossed. Not even kidding it is a true mean girls moment, I'm trying so hard not to laugh.

"What do you want?" Mallaurie says, scowling.

"I knew I recognised you little Mallaurie, what is it, didn't think I'd see through your measly disguise, I mean really, those unique eyes of yours are hard to miss I'm surprised your brother missed them, oh and your annoying voice was extremely easy to spot." Nicola is smiling triumphantly, like a cat, menacing and cruel.

"What are you even on about, who are you?" Mallaurie is trying to play dumb, good, that's good.

"Stop being a bitch Nicola, leave Molly alone." I say, might as well take the chance to call her what she is.

"Shut your mouth you insignificant fool, do not talk to me like that, you are going to begging me for death after I have finished with you!" She spat at me, she actually spat at me, such a big headed, spoiled, brat. I want to slap her. "As I was saying, Mallaurie dear, we had a deal, you work for me." She spoke sweetly, but there was poison laced in her voice.

"I don't work for anyone, especially you." Mallaurie snapped back, oh no, now she's given herself away.

Nicola turns to Samantha. "That's ten bucks when we're finished." Then she turns back. "You do work for me darling, there's no denying it and now you've gained the attention of the Alpha, which means that you are extremely useful to me." Her smile is dangerously sweet and I want to puke, I honestly want to kill her.

Mallaurie scowls but doesn't say anthing more. I wish that Guardian Angel of mine would show up and kick her ass to next week. There is light coughng behind Nicola, someone wanting to make their presence known and she turns. "Now ladies, I understand outside activities are very interesting but it is time for you to get to class now." By the sounds of him, he is a teacher, but while the three bitches were distracted, Malaurie and I snuck out, but not before we heard Nicola groan at her realisation of our departure.

I wonder who the teacher was, I had never heard that voice before but I wasn't about to turn round to find out.

"What class do you have?" I ask.

"Art, you?" She's speaking with a monotone, evidently over thinking our previous encounter.

"We'll be fine Mally, you'll see." I smile at her and she attempts to smile back but it's weak.

"Begging for death Jack, she was threatening to kill you and the Fae never lie."

"Yeah but I have a Guardian Angel." I say triumphantly, trying to make her feel better.