Chapter 6

Don't forget to vote and comment :) that will make my day .  Jayden's car at the top
.....................
" Now that everyone's settled down I'd like to make an announcement"

Ms.Smith's voice rang through the nearly silent classroom.

I watched as her eyes zoomed in on me and she winked making me smile lightly back.

" Now regarding your tests at the beginning on the school term I've concluded that the class needs a tutor." She glanced around making sure everyone is paying attention to her.

"And that tutor is going to be Anthony" she gestured toward me . "If anyone has any trouble at all Anthony is here to help "she made a hand motion for me to stand which I did.

I glanced at Keke to see her looking at me with a confused expression before finally giving me a look that said 'why didn't you tell me'

I shrugged my shoulders before putting on a forced smile. God I hate being the center of attention I thought walking up to the front of the room.

"If any one needs help I'm here" I gave a small awkward wave on instinct I tried to push my glasses up on my face before remembering I lost them in the fight. I fought a sigh.

All at once there were snickers and mumbles . I'm pretty sure I heard ..
'great another mediocre white boy being praised just like them white girls' said a light browned skinned girl in the front.

' Bet he don't know shit ' I specially heard one of Jayden's friend's snicker elbowing a boy next to him who was trying to hold back his laughter.

I almost choked on my own air  as I watched Jayden turn around glaring hard at the boy before his deep voice whispered a harsh "shut up".

He turned back to me ,with his ever present curious brown eyes making my heart race just a little faster.

Their were a few more snickers on my behalf before Ms.Smith spoke up.

" That's enough! " Ms.smith's sharp voice rang out making everyone including me flinch.

" If I hear anymore mumbles the whole class has detention, is that understood?" she glared down hard at the class who readily agreed not wanting to anger Ms.Smith who could turn into the meanest teacher if disobeyed her for a dumb reason.

" Great !" She clapped her hands and their was a collective sigh of relief as she reverted back to her sunny self.

"Anthony you can go back to your seat now" Ms.Smith gave me a little push to which I gladly went on my way.

" Now class we'll begin doing class work" she turned to her guess getting a stack of clipped papers which she began passing out.

I was the only one who didn't get a paper as I was supposed to be helping the class. As soon as Keke got her's she groaned staring down at the numbers.

" Well Mr.Smartypant's can you explain this to me " she pointed to me with a slight smile letting me know she was teasing " Sure okay you start here"

After I finished helping Keke I lounged around the room looking for anyone who needed were having trouble or needed help, I wasn't surprised as I got weary looks and eye rolls.

I sighed about to return to my seat before I heard a shy and quiet  " Excuse me ?" I looked to my right to girl with pretty braids and glasses,her hand raised slightly . I practically ran over.