Prologue

''Get away from me." Sera spoke softly before turning and leaving the cemetery.

Her parents were six feet under and she feels nothing. She cried endlessly over the past week, but now she had to be brave.

She has booked her flight to Los Angeles yesterday, all her clothes are packed. She just need to say goodbye to her friends.

Wait, what friends? No. She doesn't have any friends anymore. She lost them. One of them, Simone, turns out was fucking Gabriel behind her back. Has been for awhile and all her close friends knew about it. How cruel is life?

Gabriel. She hated that name. That very name belongs to a cold hearted asshole who tried to blame the alchohol when Sera found them both beneath the sheets when she sought for his comfort during the most difficult time of her life. It was in the afternoon for fuck's sake.

And that was three days ago. Simone said she was blinded by his charm, and if Sera couldn't forgive her then they weren't even friends to begin with. "What bullshit," Sera harrumphed.

As she enters her car, she looked back and saw that Gabriel doesn't understand personal space. He made his way infront of her car in hopes that she won't drive away. He wanted to make amends. Sera wanted to drive him over. Instead, she flipped him off, started her car and turned the other way.

She rather be alone than be with a lying, cheating boyfriend.

**

The realtor was already waiting for Sera when she reached her driveway. She exited her car and made her way to him.

"I'm just grabbing my things, give me a few minutes," she started.

"Take all the time you need," Herman, the understanding agent assured her.

She smiled sadly and walked in. She couldn't look anybody in the eye. She just wants to leave.

Her stomach churned when she walked past her parents' room. They were taken from her so suddenly. She was watching a movie with Gabriel when she received the call.

They were on vacation, trekking in the Alps, when an avalanche killed them instantly. She booked the first flight there and her heart broke every step of the way. No child would want to have to identify their parents. When they were brought home, she thought Gabriel would have been ready to help her but he was busy fucking her friend who was supposedly also assuring to help her in any way.

The sad thing about it all is that both her parents are like her, an only child, and their parents have passed on a long time ago.

She had all the fake friends as family, but look how it turned out. Not even one of them had the heart to let her know about the affair. Instead, they tried to reason with her by saying that they didn't know how to tell her. Still bullshit.

Sera was now left all alone.