Chapter Sixteen

Sera stood and walked to Aubrey's welcoming arms.

"I am so happy, Sera. So, so happy."

Sera could just smile.

They avoided each other for the remainder of the night until Reid walked towards her and Pamela to halt their conversation and bid everyone good night, with the excuse of working early tomorrow.

She briefly saw Marcus entering another car while she got into Reid's, then they were off.

She shut her eyes to control any emotions. Any emotions.

Finally arriving, she quickly leave the car and walked past Marcus and Lisa who were both by the front door.

Marcus tried to stop her but they both heard Reid's voice down the stairs to let her be.

Sera walked straight to the pool and jumped in, fully clothed.

She lasted shy of a minute, and proceeded to try again.

She need peace. Her head felt like it will explode any minute.

But by the time her feet touched the bottom of the pool, Reid had her by the legs, pulling her to him.

He too, was fully clothed.

"What are you doing, Sera."

Sera remained mute. She had been rendered silence the whole night.

"Sera, please. I'm sorry. I will explain everything. Please, baby-" Reid begged.

She pushed him and made to climb out of the pool.

She walked towards the lounge chairs, removed her dress and draped herself with the towel left probably by Lisa, laying her head down and closing her eyes to compose herself.

She heard Reid walking into the house.

Moments later, she was being carried.

She wanted to protest, but what is the point.

She would just hear him out. Reid placed Sera onto the bed, and waited after she had changed to the shirt he placed on the bed to speak.

"Sera, Raymond got carried away tonight. He just wouldn't listen. Sir Pedro and my father, they made a deal. To have either Raymond or I marry his daughter. I was the primary choice as Raymond was already with Pamela. And at first, I thought I could be with Elaine too. But I just couldn't see her as my wife. So I broke the deal off. But it costs my father's life. Now, Sir Pedro is guilt tripping us and at the expense of mine and Elaine's happiness. I don't know what came over me tonight, but I announced that you and I are together and will get married. But Raymond took it differently."

"Sera, please say something." Reid was getting impatient with all the silence she is treating him with.

"Who is this Sir Pedro?" Sera finally spoke.

"He's a mafia wannabe. His business are primarily here but he's always in New York, nosing around just because his name is still in the company. But that's really all in the past. Now I control everything. But I just feel like he's trying to start something again. And my mother wouldn't listen. The Pedro family is on us and she is completely clueless."

"Your mom still invites them to dinner, why? Does she know about you and Elaine?"

"She knows I do not love Elaine, and bless her heart she lets me decide my own life, but what she doesn't know is that Sir Pedro is still hung up on getting us together."

"Are we getting married now, Reid?"

"No! Sera! Of course not now, no no no."

Sera was taken aback. "Woah, you can just say one No. You made it sound like the idea of being married to me so appalling."