Chapter Seventeen

Ed looked to his sister.

"You still want him?"

Elaine just snickered. Could be yes, maybe it's a no.

Ed shook his head, heading out to smoke.

Sera is every man's dream, and then some.
If Elaine's still hung up on Reid, then maybe he has a shot with Sera.

He heard a small commotion between the bushes outside and got curious.

Aubrey and Papa was in a lip lock. But Aubrey was pushing his tight grip away.

No.

"Papa! What are you doing?" He furiously approached them.

"Eduardo. Go back inside."

"I'm 22, Pa not 12. Tell me what's going on here? Madre needs to know this."

"Ed, your father's drunk. I'm sorry you had to see this. But it will never happen again. Else, he'll be sorry." Audrey left them two, but not without a good hard stare to Pedro's face.

"Papa, how could you?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"Oh, try me."

Sir Pedro hesitated, then sighed heavily.

"You really wouldn't understand. I need her to fall in love with me. We need the money."

"What are you talking about?! We have plenty of money!"

"Lower your temper. We are losing money. I need to secure this once and for all. And going through her is the easiest way. We had a history, and I don't mind reliving it again."

"What about Madre? How could you?"

"Your Madre doesn't and will not know this. It will do you good to keep your mouth shut or you're not getting any money from me."

"To hell with your money. What is wrong with you!? You're so hell-bent in having this company! For what!?"

"Because it is my company!"

"No it isn't, Pa. Just forget about it."

"No. It's either I get Aubrey or your sister marries Reid. And we know that is not going to happen."

Ed stared at his father, then walked away.
He had to do something, but what?

He walked back in search of Elaine but instead bumped into Sera.

"Finished dancing so soon?"

"Oh, hey Ed. Reid had to attend to his business and I need to find the washroom."

"Come on, I'll show you."

Ed directed Sera to a powder room and instead of leaving her, he stood waiting.

"You're still here?" Sera cocked an eyebrow.

"Still here." He nod. "Wanna go to the balcony?"

"For?"

"A breather?"

"Why? Are you okay?"

"I'm scared to go out there alone."

"So don't go there, then."

"Come on, Sera. Just for awhile..."

Sera rolled her eyes. "Lead the way."

They went to the balcony, a small enclave above the main entrance.

Sera looked to the sky and waited for Ed to say something.