Chapter Three

Sera checked herself in the mirror before grabbing her bag and calling the lift.

Wearing white jeans and a pale pink chiffon blazer on top of a silk v-neck tank, she wore her hair up in low, messy bun and her face was bare of any makeup except a hint of lip gloss. She paired her beige wedges with a beige foldover clutch that holds her ipad, notebook and pen and her wallet among other things.

She entered her newly purchased Lexus car from her previous bonus, programmed the destination into her GPS and wished herself luck.

"Hi, I'm here to meet Ms. Amanda Kaufman." She spoke to the hostess at the Polo Lounge.

"Right this way, ma'am" The hostess directed her to a table of four and there sat a lady wearing a bright yellow dress and an even brighter smile.

"I'm so happy to see you!!! Hi!!!!!" The lady stood up and pulled Sera into a hug over the table.

"Hello, Miss Kaufman" Sera responded, tapping the lady's back with her forefingers.

"Oh, call me Mandy. Kaufman's like too formal, Amanda's too boring!!"

"Sure thing," Sera smiled and took her seat infront of Mandy.

They ordered and started getting down to business immediately. They got the formalities out of the way and Sera found out her client was actually the daughter to a high-ranking attorney who leads a law firm in LA and her fiancè will make partner once they were married.

Before Mandy started to give Sera too many personal stories, Sera changed the topic into the main focus, her wedding dress. Mandy wanted a lace gown that has no back, has to have pearls or crystals all over and it must not make her butt look big.

Sera suggested to get it tailored to perfection but Mandy wanted something that is off the rack, for whatever reason.

They went on to discuss schedules for the next meet up at a bridal store when Mandy looked up to greet someone standing next to Sera.

"Hey asswipe! You're late! Anyways, Sera, this is my brother, Gerald."

Sera stood and looked up to a familiar but otherwise a stranger face. He had beautiful blue eyes though. And very tall. She beamed to and shook his already outstretched hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Meet to nice you." He responded and she frowned.

"Hahahaha Gerald, what's gotten into you, you joker," Mandy pulled his hand to make him sit and start blabbering about how I am going to help her find the greatest dress this year that it will grace the cover of all the magazines in the world.

But Gerald kept staring at Sera, whom just smiled at the both of them. Mandy excused herself to go to the restroom and she asked for Sera to explain to her brother what they were planning but before she could open the conversation, Gerald beat her to it.

"You don't remember me, do you?" He simply stated.

"I'm sorry, no. Should I?" Sera looked to him with her head cocked to the side.

He responded with a light chuckle and shook his head.

"I'm your knight in shining armor, was actually."

"Huh?" Now she's feeling edgy, wondering what was this man getting into.

"I saved you from the creep at Starbucks last April, I think,"

Her back went upright when it dawned on her. She remembered it very well now. It was not in April, but rather May, couple of days of her being in LA. "Oh," was all she managed.

"Oh? That's all?" He questioned.

"Well, I'm sorry but it has been a long time ago and I really don't know what to say anymore. If you'd like a Thank You, I really did expressed my gratitude on that day." She finished with a puff of breath and wished Mandy would come back sooner.

"Go out with me." He stated.

"What? No!" Not this again.

"I remember your face from anywhere, I've looked for you everywhere, and now that we are here, I'm gonna ask you again, will you go out with me?" He muttered, slapping his hand on the table at the question after every word.

"Woah Gerald, moving fast aren't you" Mandy out of nowhere appeared.

"Miss Kaufman, there has been a mistake. I may direct you to my other colleagues for you to choose from and they will be delighted to take your place and -"

"Wait wait wait, what is this? Are you not taking the offer? But, why??" Mandy exclaimed.

"Because she doesn't want to go out with me," Gerald answered. The freaking nerve of this man.

Sera started to pack her stuff to leave but Mandy held her right arm while Gerald grabbed her left.

"Please let me go." She talked to the air.

"No, my brother is leaving and you and I have a brunch to finish," Mandy plucked her brother's ears to make him stand and they headed to a corner to talk with each other, leaving Sera alone with her confused thoughts.

**

A week passed with Sera actually found four dresses from four different bridals and Mandy agreed to have a meet up to try the dresses.

"You like, work fast," Mandy yelled from inside the fitting room while putting on a dress. Sera and the saleslady stood outside waiting for her.

"Thank you." Was all Sera said.

Mandy came out looking like a star. The dress was strapless with a heart shaped bodice, tight all over until her knees to flare into a mermaid shape. A deep curve reached the small of her back and it showed off Mandy's toned back. It looks like a winner, first try even.

Mandy couldn't believe how fast things worked out for her. She hugged Sera tightly and immediately made the purchase. They were going to alter a little to accommodate her petite frame, and Mandy requested for pearls to line the top of the bodice.

Mandy invited Sera to her wedding over dinner that day and Sera agreed.

Sera wore a burgundy pantsuit on Mandy's wedding day and sat between couples during the reception. She pledged to leave right after dessert. She didn't want to stay long. She bumped into Gerald a few times but she didn't let him so much as uttered a Hi to her. She did however noted the suit he's wearing that clung to his fine body and an even finer ass.

Sera smiled at Mandy when they caught each other eyes. Mandy waved and blew air kisses to her. Sera chuckled.

The two might become friends after all.

Sera may not be so lonely now.