Chapter Twelve

Sera heard the hostility in his voice, the need to know more overwhelmed her, but she remained quiet.

"The steak is too big for me to finish it, Reid. Help me with it."

Reid finally smiled and scooted his chair adjacent to Sera.

Sera cut a piece and starts feeding him instantly, the gesture making it look like they were a couple.

After a few bites, Reid suddenly grabbed Sera's arms and pulled her closer.

And captured her lips.

Sera dropped the fork and pulled him closer, loving his smell, loving the way he made her feel.

The time seemed to stop, and she laughed inwardly at their wet kissing sound, but she didn't want to stop.

He pulled away though.

"Sera, I'm not Prince Charming, I will never be Prince Charming. I need you to know that."

She frowned. Where is this coming from?

"I don't know how much you've heard about me, I don't know if you knew the rumours about my past, my bad, bad past."

Sera keep frowning. She stood up then.

"I want to go home now, Reid."

"No, stay the night here, Sera. I have more than enough rooms to spare."

She was beyond bewildered now.

"What are you playing at, Reid? You pulled me and then you pushed me and now you're pulling me? I'm tired as hell, don't try me. Please."

"Sera, I want us to work. Please, give me a chance."

"I'm trying, Reid, but you're playing mystery games with me, and I'm not up for that."

"One day you will understand. For now, please stay the night?"

"I don't have clothes for tomorrow, Reid. And I need to pack. I'm leaving for New York tomorrow."

"Well, then I have no purpose being here anymore. Let's head to your hotel now."

They made their way back to her hotel and while Reid was on the phone with Marcus, Sera climbed out of the car and made her way to the hotel lift lobby.

The lift was closing when Reid hurriedly entered, glaring at Sera, while still on the phone. A few staffs were behind him, waiting for any instructions that never came.

Reid dismissed them with a flick of his hand and ended the call.

"Why didn't you wait for me?"

"I thought you were only sending me back. Why are you following me up?"

"Sera, I want us to spend our night together."

"What!? Reid, I'm not a whore!"

"Huh? What are you talking about? I meant we being together tonight as in spending time to get to know each other. Unless you wanted that too?" He asked teasingly.

"I'm, I'm not, I don't want.. Urgh, whatever."

The lift stopped at her floor and she exited, Reid trailing behind, amused.

She swiped her card and pushed the door open, holding just for a second for Reid to catch up.

He clasped his hand over hers and pecked her lips before shutting the door.

Sera left him to take a shower. She faintly heard the doorbell ring and Reid thanking someone, dropping things on the floor. She remembered her shopping spree from earlier.