Chapter Ten

Anita was calling her. She knew the ringtone from anywhere.

"Hi, Anita." She squeaked, looking at the time.

"Sera, I have a propostion for you. Meet me at the office as soon as you can." She hung up.

Sera groaned and made her way to the closet, finding her skinny jeans and blue wrap top.

She tied her hair into a messy bun, brushed her teeth and got dressed, forgetting her phone on the bed as she rushed off to the headquarters.

Anita served her coffee and a croissant. Whatever the was task, it was going to be big, she figured.

"Hookay... Sera..." Anita stared at her.

"Well, as you know, here in The Lifestyle we serve in the best interests of our clients living in America. You also know that we connect with clients through the internet first, before meeting them. But having only one headquarter seems to cause a hindrance lately as clients tend to trust establishments with shops littering the street. So, as you are one of the finest pioneers I have in the company, I'd like you to lead a team in New York City. We'd have one headquarters in the two coasts and then we'd branch on and on and on hopefully throughout North America and then the world!" Anita made the grand speech with passion, but Sera tuned out her words after she announced the role she'd be leading, in New York.

"Anita, New York? I live here now." Sera proclaimed.

"I know! But you see, you're from there. It's perfect. You know the people, you know the shops, you can do it. I've got an office in Wall Street waiting for you, a bloody huge paycheck for you and best of all, the board of directors decided to bless you with a freaking apartment in the Upper West Side!"

But Sera can't help feeling the sense of deja vu. Gerald and Hank's going to have a bar in Wall Street, and she, an office. Oh, they weren't moving there. They'll only be placing their brand but run it from LA. But Reid........

She fondled her jeans and bag looking for her phone.

"Sera?" Anita called her. "Helloooo, earth to Sera??"

Sera looked to her. "Sorry. I forgot my phone back home."

"Oh no, we can't have that, potential clients might be calling you right now. I'll let you go home now, and Sera, think about the offer. I only want you." She winked.

Sera gave her a small smile and hurriedly leave her office. She passed one of her few colleagues and they exchanged a few words with each other.

"So, I've heard. I mean, we all heard about it. Anita practically announced it to the world. You should take up the offer. I know I'd will." She too, winked at Sera.

Sera frowned a little giving her small smile and excused herself. She walked out to the car, drove to the nearest supermarket to do some groceries shopping. She decided as today she was void of any appointments and drama, so to speak, she'd be better off stocking up the fridge.

An hour later, Sera came bounding up the lift to her apartment and as the door opens on her floor, dozens of vases filled with peonies littered the entrance, littered her whole apartment. She dropped all the groceries bag and began scanning the flowers, looking for a note.

She also wondered how did they get access to her apartment.

When she made it to her room, a lone note was placed on her bed.

**

The note was blank. No words written. Sera turned it over and back, frowning.

She dropped to the bed with a huff and pulled out her phone from her back pocket. She phoned the management of the building.