Colors

As I look out in the depths of the city I think back on the events of this year, I watch the sunrise, a brilliant orange, then golden yellow. Yellow makes me think of Maya, as Zay says Lucas calls her, the Blonde Beauty. Lucas and Maya, Maya and Lucas, I would have never thought they would ever be together. Mostly because a year ago when she helped push me to go out with him said her and Lucas would never go out, which now was the current situation. Next the sky goes purple, that makes me think of one of Farkle's Purple turtlenecks he used to wear. He is one of my best friends and seems to know everything about how I'm feeling, even if I don't know or don't want anyone else to know, my deep dark secrets. Now the sky is an early blue, blue makes me think of Lucas, blue is his favorite color, it reminds me of the rivers he used to tell me about. The ones he used to ride horses by in Texas. I wish he could have taken me, like he promised in seventh grade when he said I was his....well it doesn't matter anymore. We are like brother and sister now, and he cares about Maya and she cares about him. No matter what Farkle says, and no matter how deeply I would love for it not to be true. I have to put my feelings aside for the good of my friends, they need to feel what they feel. "Riley!" My mom says from the other room, smells like she cooked pancakes, "Get ready for school! Maya will be here any minute!" I guess my relaxing period is over, time to see Maya and continue.