I Love you

"I love you" He says.

"Lucas..." I feel a giant lump in my throat.

"No Riley! You can't tell me or control my feelings for you! I know how I feel, and you are not my sister! I love you Riley, and now I know how" He smiles faintly, he stroked my hand, attempting to hold it. His hands were warm, like warmly baked bread. His eyes soft, but sweet.

He looked at me, expecting me to respond, but I can't. HOW do you pick in between your Best friend and guy you have loved since the beginning of Middle School?

"Riley?" I don't answer.

"Riley please answer me!" I don't answer.

" I understand" He gets ready to exit out the window.

"Lucas! Don't leave" I say, he sits back down.

"You don't understand how hard this is, Lucas she stepped back! I owe it too her!"

"Have you once thought about my feelings? Or your own?!"

"Yes! You care about her too!"

"There is a difference between care and crushing!"

"And you're both!"

"No I'm not! Riley why do you do this to yourself?"

"Do what?"

"You always put others before you and never tell them how you feel! There is a limit Riley and your relationships can't be tampered by others"

"Lucas, I love you too" I tell him, he smiles. "I have always loved you, you were my first crush.."

"Were?"

"Lucas things change, feelings change, people change..."

"RILEY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO THIS."

"And I love Maya, she's my best friend, and an amazing person."

"RILEY NO!"

"And you will love her as much as you loved me, cause she is better for you."

"RILEY STOP YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME! TO US!"

"My parents are going to be home soon, you should get home Lucas" He started crying. I've never seen him cry, he opens the window, but then turns around.

"I am not going to give up. No matter how much you push me away, we are meant to be together, and you know it too" He leaves, I squeeze my pillow tightly, what will happen next?