As a sister

"So huckleberry you wanted to tell me something?" She smiles as she looks up at me grinning.

"Yeah Maya, I have to get this off my chest, this is hard for me to say because the last thing I want is for anything to upset or hurt you."

"Lucas, tell me what is on your mind! I can take it!"

"Maya, I love you..."

"What?!" She looks at me blushing.

"As a sister."

Maya POV

A sister?! A SISTER?! How is this possible? The kids at school said we would be a cute couple...and after Josh I wanted new love, so I found someone that I was compadable with and he loves me as a brother!

"Maya say something..." He looks at me, did I actually like him? Or did I blind myself to what I wanted from a boy?

"Lucas, I think I made a mistake, I need a second." Blinking back tears I run, I run and don't look back. I run out the school in the streets, unsure of where I'm going but just wanting to leave.

..................

Riley POV

"Where is Maya?" Zay asks after class as we ease into the hallway.

"I'm not sure, Zay, Lucas was the last person to see her." Farkle coos, I look over to Lucas, he has his head ducked down, quiet, a little too quiet.

"Lucas?" I say as sweetly as possible, he cracks a smile.

"Riley?" He says grinning.

"You would tell me anything right?"

Hi tilts his head. "Of course!"

"What did you say to Maya?" He froze.

"Um...."

"What did you say?!" I say a little not too friendly.

"I said I loved her..." My heart drops.

"Don't tell me..."

"As a sister? Yeah exactly that."